Author Topic: Llanfechell MIs  (Read 3996 times)

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Llanfechell MIs
« on: Tuesday 27 August 13 23:41 BST (UK) »
Does anyone please have a good knowledge of Llanfechell/Rhosgoch or access to the MIs for St Mechell Church and Capel Jerusalem.

I'm interested in a Williams family with an address of Salbri, Rhosgoch. Other addresses might be Brynddu Road and possibly Gongl Felus

Evan Williams of this family is on the Llanfechell War Memorial as from Brynddu Road. He was killed 28 12 1917. CWGC gives his parents as Richard and Jane Williams, Salbri, Rhosgoch. I'm looking to see if there is family grave and if so, does it mention a brother called William who died in May 1920. I'm of the opinion that military papers for William shows his address as what looks like Salbri in what is definitely Rhosgoch. William is not on the War Memorial.

Incidentally, 1911 census has a Richard Williams at Salbri shown as a widower aged 52 living with his brothers Hugh and John and their mother Jane.

I think Richard and his family are the ones at Gongl Felus in the 1901. That family has all the right names and ages including William but I'm not a 100% certain it's them.

Gwil

edit: I should add that the the William Williams in the military papers from Rhosgoch who died in May 1920 is buried in Winterbourne. I'm seeking to show via MIs etc that he is of this Salbri family.