Author Topic: William Henry PARKER, from Halesowen  (Read 892 times)

Offline annmarg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
William Henry PARKER, from Halesowen
« on: Tuesday 03 September 13 17:22 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am trying to find out when and where my Gt Gt grandfather William Henry Parker was born.  I have found two entries for a baptism - on Feb 22nd 1823 in Hasbury and on April 6th  1823 at St John's Halesowen.  Both of these had parents William and Hannah.  I am unsure whether this is the same person, or whether by coincidence there were 2 families with exactly the same names, and why a baptism could have taken place twice. Or was it usual for a baptism to be recorded again later at the mother church? if anyone can help untangle this, I would be very happy.
Best wishes,
annmarg

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Henry PARKER, from Halesowen
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 September 13 11:04 BST (UK) »
Good Morning
Have you checked where it says he was born on the census?Did one of the children named in the baptisms you found die as a baby?
Ciderdrinker

Offline annmarg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: William Henry PARKER, from Halesowen
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 September 13 18:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I checked the censuses, and our WHP states on two of them that he was born in Cradley, but lived in Hasbury both of which are near Halesowen in Worcestershire.  Our WHP was later married in St John the Baptist in Halesowen.  The family seem to have moved around the area a bit. I can't find any death of a WHP.  I'll do a bit more digging.
annmarg