Author Topic: randle lockett  (Read 4172 times)

Offline MARIA_55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
randle lockett
« on: Tuesday 10 September 13 10:21 BST (UK) »
hi. i have just joined on here. i am trying to find details of randle lockett 1715-1774. born and lived in cheshire. possibly married to either elizabeth holland or ann ?. he and his wife had 9 children. someone gave a death for ann,, if she was the right wife with her husband as randle lockett of stapeley. i can't find any confirmation of this so can anyone throw any light on it? thanks, maria

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: randle lockett
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 11:09 BST (UK) »
Hiya Maria and welcome to Rootschat
www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~cprdb
database
baptism
lockett
search
page 1 ...3rd from bottom ..7420725...LOCKETT  William   STAP
This becomes (1)742  - 07 - 25  ...1742 07 25 = 25th july 1742 .....this is the date that William Lockett was baptised in STAP ...Stapeley
click on circle and then rectangle to get record  = father Randle - doesn`t give mothers name - but bottom record on page 1   7440904   4th sept 1744   ANNE Lockett = father Randle /mother Anne
so those that have STAP next to them will show Randle and Anne as parents ....I will let you discover their children -it`s more fun ...but if you need a helping hand , just shout ...
have fun
7 baptisms in Stapeley
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 11:12 BST (UK) »
I see you have just come online....it is a little puzzling at first that site - if you get stuck - just post and I will go through it step by step

ANNE Lockett was buried 10th dec 1764 in Stapeley
Randle Lockett buried 19th Nov 1774 in Broad Lane
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 11:23 BST (UK) »
Margaret Lockett bap 17th may 1737 - Wybunbury - FOXB =Foxes Bank
John Lockett bap 23rd april 1739 Wybunbury ...HUNS = Hunterson (.he dies and another John is born in 1752 )
the rest in STAP =  Stapeley

Offline MARIA_55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 13:25 BST (UK) »
hi garstonite.  thanks for the quick response! i'm pretty useless on the computer and can't even find the site to access it. i need serious help!!!!!!!! maria

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hiya Maria - click on this link in blue
 www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~cprdb
now  ... that will take you to the Homepage of Cheshire Parish Records Database
click on database
baptism and put Lockett in name box - then search

ADDED...how are you doing ?...any progress ?

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 16:05 BST (UK) »
in case you are struggling
3rd feb 1735 Benjamin Lockett -
17th may 1737 Margaret Lockett
23rd april 1739 John Lockett
25th July 1742 William Lockett
4th sept 1744 Anne Lockett
5th november 1746 Mary Lockett
30th July 1749 Hannah Lockett
31st december 1752 John Lockett
26th june 1757 George Lockett.............buried 5th june 1758 - son of Randle Lockett - Stapeley

so - as you stated 9 - but
1 in Fox Bank
2 in Hunterson
6 in Stapeley ...............
ALL in Wybunbury Parish registration ....

Offline MARIA_55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 16:10 BST (UK) »
hi. have just finished printing out all the details i managed to find. fortunately all the same as yours!! is there a marriage for randle and anne? are you an ancestor of the locketts? have you got further back than randle?
this is all new to me, just a few weeks old but i am enthralled by it. thanks for your help, maria

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 16:20 BST (UK) »
I have tried CPRDB site and can`t find a marriage
I have tried Lancashire Parish records www.lan.opc.org.uk/Search/indexp.html  no marriage
going to check IGI    www.familysearch.org   had a quick look before but only found baptisms of the kids ....
looks like Randle ( Randall ) may have been born and married outside Cheshire ...was he a farmer ?
I have no connection to  Lockett - just helped to research the baptisms ...as I said ..It is much more enjoyment if you find them yourself - but you have to know where to look ...
did you see the record for Anne Lockett born Stapeley - illegitimate daughter of Mary Lockett 20th april 1766 ??...that looks like the last Stapeley LOCKETT birth ...so I wonder where all the kids went ???