Author Topic: Issues with Mundia?  (Read 11992 times)

Offline cristiane

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with Mundia?
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 29 May 14 07:33 BST (UK) »
Hello all,
My son who is in IT has somehow enabled me to login, so far it has worked, but not sure for how long.
Thanks for all your inputs.
from cristiane.
hansen of kobenhavn danmark, honnor of london, merrylees etc of scotland, truscott of cornwall, tout of england, lovett of england, barrett of warwick england,  jacobs and hallam of london, beach  and morgan of qld australia, littlejohn, henwood and pearn of cornwall, walker, watherston etc, wilsone and watt of scotland, blaik and bowman of scotland, mccarthy of ireland.

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 29 May 14 12:30 BST (UK) »
I have no problem logging in to Mundia, certain trees it will not access though.
 The only use of Mundia is to search ancestry public trees, which are notoriously unreliable.  ::)
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 11:28 BST (UK) »
Ancestry have announced the demise of Mundia (amongst other services) and will not be updating or expending any resources on the project.

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 10:09 BST (UK) »
I had an email to say mundia will not be supported after 30 September.  I can't access it now. Just keep being directed to ancestry subscriptions .  help please. Sandra

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 10:17 BST (UK) »
the homepage at mundia.com has the following message
Starting on September 30, 2014, Mundia.com trees will become part of Ancestry and be available in English, French, German, Italian, Swedish and Spanish.

We understand the value this service has brought you in discovering your family history around the world during your time as a member. To keep the discoveries you've made, we will be making your family tree accessible to you through Ancestry.com for free. This site will enable you to make edits to your family tree and share it with others. To preserve the family trees you have created in your native language, we encourage you to download your GEDCOM file while logged into the Mundia site before September 30th, after which time your family trees may not be offered in your native language on Ancestry.com.

For further questions, please visit our FAQ page or contact Member Services at support@mundia.com.
Please note, you can still access your family tree information by following the steps outlined below or you can continue on to use Mundia until September 30th.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 10:32 BST (UK) »
yasmina4

If you go to the page Falkyrn has quoted above and scroll down to the part that says

can continue on to use Mundia until September 30th

the word 'Mundia' should be a clickable link, and enable you to access the log on page of Mundia until the 30th.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .