Author Topic: Cast Iron Coat of Arms  (Read 7648 times)

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Cast Iron Coat of Arms
« on: Sunday 11 July 04 22:00 BST (UK) »
The following is advertised in Issue number 106 July 2004 issue of Family history monthly.

"Coat of Arms,
While clearing our property I came across what appears to be a cast iron coat of arms, measuring 2ft x 2ft 6", hidden among the bushes in one of the fields. It seems a shame to put it into a rubbish tip and I would be happy to give it to a good home.

Comment made by publication:

The coat of arms contains the red hand of Ulster, signifying that the holder was a baronet. The motto Servare mentem may loosely be translated as "keep your cool"

For address details of the individual see publication or instant message me for address in the Dundry Bristol England area.

Regards Jen ;)

Offline Pete E

• RootsChat Member
  • Man in his natural environment
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Iron Coat of Arms
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 January 05 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Did this item find a good home ???? Its worrying that it may have ended up as landfill.  :(
Northumberland; Mann, Lynn, Waters, Pyle, Murray.   Yorkshire; Ellis, Heckison, Proctor.<br />Lincolnshire; Wilkinson, Dawson.<br />Cumberland; Doran, Murray. Cheshire; Sutton,

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 January 05 15:37 GMT (UK) »
I have not seen a follow up to the article, so one can only assume that the coat of arms is still with the lady who found the item.
 :-\

Offline pat_john

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 December 06 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Would Love to give this Cast Iron Coat of Arms a home.  My GrandParents were shipped from England to Canada as  very, very young children.  I'm thinking it would be nice to place it on their Grave so they will always have a piece of home  with them.  Peace of mind.  From Pat

Maybe it has already found a home but if not think about  my offer.
FERGUSON (CANADA)   Ontario
 Moyse         "          "   & England
RHODES (LEEDS, YORKSHIRE ENGLAND)
CAIN (LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 December 06 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat

I don't think Welsh Jen was actually offering the item - it was advertised in a 2004 copy of a magazine.

You might be able to trace the person who advertised, but if they were anxious to get rid of it you could be too late.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline pat_john

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 December 06 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Okay Thank you very much .... maybe I misread the message it happens . Patty
FERGUSON (CANADA)   Ontario
 Moyse         "          "   & England
RHODES (LEEDS, YORKSHIRE ENGLAND)
CAIN (LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 01 December 06 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi again

Here's the magazine in question

http://www.familyhistorymonthly.com/site/sections/default.asp

Maybe you could email them?

at any rate, rootschatters can keep an eye open for similar items for you (only ones needing a new home, naturally!)  :)

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)