Author Topic: LACEY family  (Read 951 times)

Offline tasha16661

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LACEY family
« on: Wednesday 02 October 13 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me - I'm researching the Lacey family and have found connections to the Isle of Wight and in particular Jessie Lacey mentioned in posts on this thread: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=543330.0. I'm trying to work out how they are related.

I'm researching George William Lacey born May 1878. His father was Benjamin Lacey born in Norwich (1922 - 1903) and his mum was Mary Ann Taylor (1851-?) born in Dorchester.

He served in the army and was travelling around the Middle East a lot. In 1901 he was a soldier living on IOW in Yaverland. He married Edith Emma Edwards in Shanklin, Isle of Wight in 1903 (she dies in India a few years later). He then married Carolina Mari La Cari in Shanklin, IOW in May 191. JESSIE LACEY was a witness as was Robert Gooden. I can't work out the connection here. Carolina died (perhaps in India?) in 1919. He then went on to have a child - (George Benjamin Lacey) with Georgina Kate Hewitt in 1920, on his army discharge records he claims he was married but I haven't found any record of this. In 1919 he was living in Shanklin, IOW.

Can anyone fit this Lacey family into their family trees?
Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this!

Offline wallis7090

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LACEY family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 January 14 04:52 GMT (UK) »
As there is a Dorset connection, it might just be worth looking at the Lathey records in that County.  There are many links between the IOW and Dorset, landowners with property in both places, and by sea it's very close indeed.  Hope that helps.