Author Topic: Help with Archive of Watt family Hobart Tasmania  (Read 952 times)

Offline dooly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with Archive of Watt family Hobart Tasmania
« on: Wednesday 16 October 13 09:17 BST (UK) »
Hi all .. I have just purchased a Job lot of four huge boxed of paperwork, pictures films & much more and when i have started going through it i have been amazed that it is of one family

now i do not know what to do with it as it has turned out to be loaded with information on the Watt family from the Orkney islands in the 1860's moving to Hobart Tasmania, got married to a local girl,  where he became an early photograph and president of the rotary club went on a world cruse in 1937 and filmed the trip on 16mm film,(2 massive rolls)  there is one album which has been fully filled with photos of both sides of the family with all there names DOB ect.. and much, much more

What should i do ?? also posted in the help section

Offline valerie kehoe

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Archive of Watt family Hobart Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 October 13 07:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Dooley
The 'State Library of Tasmania' (on-line) should be most interested in your 'find' -and may be able to find its rightful owner.  Suggest you try its 'Ask a Librarian' service (on-line).
Valerie (WAus)
Lond.//Kent/Surrey  Bryan  
Cork (Dunmanway) O'Brien
London//Lambeth    Small   Muggeridge 
L'pool /Preston.       Kehoe  McDonough  Coupe  
Suffolk                     Rowe   Mortimer   Mowle

Offline Lee Atkinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Archive of Watt family Hobart Tasmania
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 October 13 10:33 BST (UK) »
I presume you are referring to Photographer J Burgess Watt. He moved to Sydney about 1947. He had one daughter that I know about. Try searching for an online tree? Finding a related branch of the family in Scotland may be an option too.

Good luck Lee :D