Author Topic: Burial Information  (Read 7462 times)

Offline Shiraz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burial Information
« on: Wednesday 30 October 13 18:54 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information on the last resting place of Patricia Finlay a native of Arklow,  Co.Wicklow who died in Tallaght Hospital Dublin on 21st January 1999 aged 65 years. Not sure if she was interred in a  Wicklow or Dublin cemetery.  Any information would be appreciated.

Shiraz

Offline dermo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Information
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 October 13 09:42 GMT (UK) »
You might check the newspaper archives for a death notice.  They often mention the burial place.
O'Brien, Keogh, Byrne, Cuffe, Kelly, White, Burke, Blosset, Evans, Hetherington, Hosey, Williams, Wright, Comerford, Carey, McKeon, Litton, O'Reilly, O'Toole, Nugent, Traynor, Broughall.

Offline madpat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 October 13 10:28 GMT (UK) »
There is a graveyard in Tallaght, I can't think of the name off hand so she might have been buried there.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 31 October 13 10:41 GMT (UK) »
A long shot if all else fails ,her remains would have had to be removed by an undertaker ,i would assume you would have to be related to try and source this type of information from the hospital,however name of undertakers would lead you to burial.

Offline Shiraz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 31 October 13 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Dermo, Dathi and Madpat I have tried the newspapers to no avail, I'm not a relation so the hospital would not seem like an option, furthermore I live in Africa so :( I'm a bit hampered by distance, thanks for your suggestions.

Shiraz

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 31 October 13 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Information on undertakers at     www.rip.ie

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 31 October 13 18:51 GMT (UK) »
I had a look at the newspaper archives today to no avail either

When someone dies, as a rule, their next of kin will arrange the funeral;
most people are buried close to where they live or in a family grave so a little knowledge on the family might help you there

If she was single she may have been buried with her parents or a sibling

If she was married she may be buried with her husband's family.

If she was living in Dublin for a long period of time she may be in Dublin
The main south side options being: Mount Jerome, Kilmashogue, Bohernabreena, Templeogue Cemetery (if a grave was already owned there as it has been closed for quite a while to new purchases), and St. Maelruan's CoI Tallaght. However people can choose Deansgrange, Glasnevin and elsewhere.

A burial in Co. Wicklow would cost less than in Dublin and this may be a factor to consider

Less likely but possibly she choose a particular  location or type of funeral which would not be common.

Do you know where she actually lived when she died?
Tallaght Hospital is a large hospital with several specialties that she may have been seen there but lived elsewhere - her death certificate may have her last residence.
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Online LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 November 13 08:27 GMT (UK) »
The following link lists the burial of John and Catherine Finlay, along with their son John Brendan, of Tinahask, Arklow - in No. 413:

http://www.igp-web.com/igparchives/ire/wicklow/photos/tombstones/1headstones/arklow03.txt

Son John Brendan (who died young) was obviously named after his father.

Also on:  http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/wicklow/churches/arklow-efg.pdf

There is the birth in Arklow of a John Brendan Finlay in 1935.  This is most likely the John Brendan above, who died in 1937

Also mentioned is the birth Catherine Pat. born 1933.  This may be a child of the same couple, named after her Mother, but called by her second name, Patricia, to avoid confusion.

Might be worth checking out this family.

Cheers

Offline Shiraz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 01 November 13 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. With regard to the questions posed by My Luck...Patricia was single and resided  at Hillside Park, Ballyroan,  Dublin 14.  Yes, LH , thanks to Peggy Leonard, I had this information and as you might have guessed the birth listing in 1933 refers to the party in question Patricia...unfortunately still no nearer to finding her final resting place. The quest continues.

Shiraz