Author Topic: ackerman/akerman  (Read 878 times)

Offline chrisjordan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
ackerman/akerman
« on: Friday 17 June 05 09:25 BST (UK) »
Has anyone any information on the Akerman/ackerman family name ,from wiltshire/salisbury, i would like info from 1851 census if possible.
thanks

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: ackerman/akerman
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 June 05 11:16 BST (UK) »
Sorry I cannot find anybody with the name Ackerman or similar in Salisbury in 1851 census. Do you have any idea where else they may be? Kris  :'(
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chrisjordan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 June 05 11:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking so quickly,
On 1861 my gt gt grandfather charles akerman was living at asher coppice,coleshill berkshire, he was born in Salisbury wiltshire 1801 or 1811, he was living with his second wife (Ithink) elizabeth and my gt grandfather Robert who was born in hungerford in 1842.
I hoped to find them on the 1851 to see if Charles 1st wife Mary was around and also any siblings of Robert.
Thanks for your help,
Chris

Offline Tom Annetts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 July 05 13:58 BST (UK) »
I've found these entries on the Surname index for 1851 which seem to match the details you provided:

1833 503 151  Broome                 AKERMAN Charles            HD M  48   Ag Lab                    WIL Salisbury                   
1833 503 151  Broome                 AKERMAN Elizabeth          WI M  55   -                         WIL Ramsbury                   
1833 503 151  Broome                 AKERMAN Robert             SO -   8   -                         BRK Hungerford                 
1833 503 151  Broome                 AKERMAN Susan              DA -  11   -                         BRK Hungerford                 

Hope this helps

Tom.
Annetts - Monmouthshire, Wiltshire
Meddle - Essex, London
Taylor - Gloucestershire, Herefordshire
Reed - Gloucestershire, Powys, Berkshire

Offline chrisjordan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 July 05 14:48 BST (UK) »
Thankyou so much Tom, i was very pleased to receive details of Charles in 1851, Mary was still nit about, i beleive she died in 1842.
I can now go on to see if i can find Charles's parents James and Hanna.
Can you tell me if Broome was where the census was and what 1833 503 151 relates to.
Thanks again
Chris

Offline Tom Annetts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 July 05 15:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

Broome is the location of the census return. The number at the start is the reference for the residence itself in the census record. (Enumeration district, Folio, Page Number - 1833 is Highworth and Swindon area).

I notice there is a BMD Death entry for Mary Ackerman in Mar 1843 in Hungerford district (Hungerford Mar 1843 vol. 6 p. 139). Might be some connection...

Glad to be of help!

Tom.
Annetts - Monmouthshire, Wiltshire
Meddle - Essex, London
Taylor - Gloucestershire, Herefordshire
Reed - Gloucestershire, Powys, Berkshire

Offline chrisjordan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 08 July 05 15:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks again Tom