Author Topic: Warne family  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Lookin2

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Warne family
« on: Tuesday 05 November 13 16:31 GMT (UK) »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grandmasphotobox/8854355188/

I had placed a request for a Miss Warner, Rosewell, Chepstowe, and was lucky enough to have been given this pic. I thought Chepstowe was in Wales and posted original request on Monmouthshire, Wales board but I understand it is in Gloucester. I am looking for a Warne family that lived in Rosewell, Brockweir, Chepstowe in 1907 and on. Grateful for any help that can be given.  Lookin2
Howlett, Brown, Woodroofe, Mills, Battey, Woods

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Warne family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 November 13 17:46 GMT (UK) »
As far as I am aware - Chepstow is in Monmouthshire but it has a close border with Gloucestershire and at one time, some parts of Gloucs were included in the Chepstow registration district

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/chepstow.html
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Lookin2

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 November 13 18:55 GMT (UK) »
CaroleW

I see so many changes made in the l930's. I have been looking for the actual village/towns of Rosewell and Brockweir and came across Wikipedia that states "Brockweir is a small village on the eastern bank of the River Wye, within the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire".  I don't know this area at all but hoping someone who lived in the Rosewell or Brockweir area area would see my post and get in touch. Thank you for your response. Lookin2
Howlett, Brown, Woodroofe, Mills, Battey, Woods

Offline JimT

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello there,

I know about the Warne family as we actually own Rosewell (cottage) along Underhill in Brockweir. We've been in the village 20 years and Emma and Lucy Warne were Flora Klickman's Aunties and owned Rosewell at the turn of the 20th Century. Your link to the old photo is sadly brken but I would be delighted to view it. Both sisters and Flora, a famous Author in her day, are uried at the local Moravian Church in Brockweir. Happy to send more info, Best Regards, Jim Taylour