Author Topic: John William Proctor, 1874 Edale. 1911 Lookup  (Read 830 times)

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
John William Proctor, 1874 Edale. 1911 Lookup
« on: Thursday 28 November 13 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have John William Proctor in my tree and can see him throughout his life, except that the big A do not seem to have him for the 1911 census, when he was in Chesterfield.

I can see that findmypast do have him.

Is anyone with findmypast membership able to look this one up please, and if possible download a copy of the image?

Many thanks,
Martin
Mosley; Pugh; Thorpe; Webster; Hill; Ibberson; Nicholson; Moody; Maxfield; Newbold; Lee; Adams; Walker; Tesh; Barnes; Brittlebank; Cowlishaw; Smethurst; Alsibrook

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John William Proctor, 1874 Edale. 1911 Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 November 13 11:48 GMT (UK) »
We are not allowed to do look ups for 1911 (copyright etc)
If you have access to A******y try looking up variations of Proctor- e.g.Prodor - often names are mistranscribed

Suz

Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline anneproctor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John William Proctor, 1874 Edale. 1911 Lookup
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 March 22 16:01 GMT (UK) »
My late husband (Maurice Charles Proctor) was the grandson of Charles Proctor who was born illegitimately to John Seisor LUFFMAN and Susannah Vesey in 1870.  I gave  a DNA kit for a gift some years ago, and the DNA matched Roger Luffman. A photograph of  John Seisor Luffman sent to us by Roger Luffman, shows a man who could have been my late husband dressed up in 19th century farming clothes. The resemblance between Maurice and other Luffman individuals is striking.   Young Charles did not know  he was actually a LUFFMAN, and he kept the Proctor name. He Left the Proctor household his early teens and went to work on another farm as a groom.  Roger Luffman and my husband are cousins.  I suspect that Mr. Proctor was very angry when he found out that he had been duped.
Sadly, Susannah Vesey died in childbirth in 1871, a year after Charles was born. It is not known, of course whether the child of the next pregnancy was belonging to Mr. Proctor, or Mr. Luffman.  Mr. Seisor Luffman was working on a nearby farm when he encountered Susannah Proctor (nee Vesey).
My husband died at the end of December 2016 here in Derby.  He was 86. He was very interested in the Luffman's.  I regret that we did not get to meet Roger Luffman before Maurice died. Maurice has a son and a daughter one living in Nottingham, and the other in Derby. John Seisor Luffman married a few years after Sarah had died, and he called his son Charles.
Hope this helps you.
Anne Proctor, Derby.

P.S. Maurice moved to Canada in the early 1970's, after he had left the R.A.F. He was very clever. He built a beautiful house in the old growth forest on Vancouver Island, and he was an excellent electrician. His position in the Air Force was as an Electrical Engineer. He spent most of his RAF time overseas, and many years in Hong Kong. He knew everything there was to know about Aircraft, especially the W.W.2 planes.