Author Topic: Y Glyn  (Read 3434 times)

Offline GillyJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Y Glyn
« on: Monday 02 December 13 16:48 GMT (UK) »
I am interested to know if anyone can help me with people who may have lived in Glyn, LLanbedrgoch from 1891 - 1911. My relatives once lived there and I am trying to find out a if there was a Mrs Williams who lived there who was supposedly an aunt of my great aunt but I cannot fathom out the link as she does not appear in any of my earlier research and Williams is not a family name. She is mentioned as referee for my great aunt in 1908 so I would be interested to find out if it is a genuine family connection or an "auntie" who was not actually related to us.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Y Glyn
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 December 13 00:26 GMT (UK) »
There is Mrs Williams at Glyn Llanbedrgoch in the 1891 census-details below without farm servants

William Williams   30  Farmer   Born   Llanddyfnan
Elizabeth Williams 31                        Llanbedrgoch
Robert Williams      1                        Llanbedrgoch
Mary Hughes        28(sister in law)    Llanbedrgoch

This family(including Mary Hughes)is at Strydan Farm,Llanbeulan in 1901,with a family named Thomas at Glyn.
1911 census look ups are not allowed,but you could use www.familysearch.org giving known details and choose residence criteria for 1911 to find the district they are in,which may give you a clue.

Regards
Roger

Offline GillyJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Y Glyn
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 December 13 14:30 GMT (UK) »

Thank you for that - it has cleared up my query and I think that she was an aunt by marriage. Many thanks for your help.