Author Topic: SARGEANT - HILL Marriage, c1721  (Read 837 times)

Offline rthom

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
SARGEANT - HILL Marriage, c1721
« on: Thursday 19 December 13 15:34 GMT (UK) »
After many years of searching, I have finally come across a lead (Find My Past, citing the Society of Genealogists) for the marriage of my 6x great-grandparents Edward Sargeant and Elizabeth Hill. The information provided is:

License date: 29 Nov 1721
Groom: Edw'd SARGEANT
Bride: Elizabeth HILL

Unfortunately there is no other information provided, such as the location or parish.  The only other clue I have is that Edward and Elizabeth baptized their son Thomas Hill Sargent, Jan 18, 1723, in Twickenham, Middx.  They also had a second son, Edward, my 5x great-grandfather, around the same time, but his baptism has not yet come to light.

There are several variants for the SARGEANT name including: Sergeant, Sargent, Sergent, Serjeant, Sarjeant, etc.

I would greatly appreciate any help that could be provided by the experts on the board to locate the parish for the marriage.  And, of course, if any of this rings a bell with anyone reading this post, I would love to hear from you to compare notes.

Many thanks in anticipation,

rthom
Surname interests: Acfield (Ackfield, Hackfield) - SFK, LON / Adams - BDF / Askham - NHT / Baldrey - SFK / Charlwood - LON / Hall - NFK, ESS, LND / Hemmings (Hemings, Heming) - WAR, OXF, NHT, LON / Hibbert - BRK / Ivey - LON / James - OXF / Manning - NHT / Mason - NHT / Pearson - WAR, NHT / Pizzy - SFK / Polly (Polley) - OXF / Rivers - SFK / Sargeant - WAR, SRY, LON, USA / Simons (Simonds) - BDF / Taylor - NHT / Wiggins - OXF

Census information is Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.