Author Topic: Wills Family  (Read 7850 times)

Offline elisabeth1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wills Family
« Reply #27 on: Monday 30 December 13 07:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello George led a very full life didn't he! I have drawn up a rough family tree now and started a little family notebook to list all the family history. I have found out a little about Henry by Greatgrandfathers brother who appears to be the Wills of Wills and Hepworth Ladybird books but I need to make sure of the connection. I wonder if any of the sons continued with the farm.

Offline elisabeth1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 31 December 13 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I have found out quite a bit about Henry Wills but decided to research George , his father a little more.  I have not found his parents and wonder if you kniw the best way to go about this. It is like George appeared in Narborough but left no trace of his past.

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 31 December 13 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi

George was the son of Daniel and Susannah Wills of Hinckley.  He was born 7th April 1808 and baptised at the Independant, Chapel Street, Hinckley on 29/11/1811.

Daniel Wills and Susannah Johnson were married at St Mary's Hinckley on 23/11/1802.

Susannah appears to have died in 1810 (her burial is probably the one listed as Ann Wills at St Mary's on 22/07/1810 aged 35) and Daniel appears to have re-married a Mary Adkins on 28/12/1813.  They had several children baptised at the independent thereafter.

This topic link may help further:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=650385.msg4969182#msg4969182

The family appear to have been non-conformists and finding Daniel's ancestors is a little more challenging.  I have two branches of Wills connected to the early Hinckley 'Wills' family although cannot find the documented evidence!

Good luck!

TB

Offline windmill2

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 21 March 20 19:32 GMT (UK) »
hi Elisabeth 1,
My great grandmother was a member of the Wills family of Loughborough, her Father along with the Hepworths established the ladybird book brand.
It would be really nice if you could meet my parents and myself to talk further.
windmill 2.