Author Topic: Marriage Licence Ann Friend Thomas Collingwood  (Read 1725 times)

Offline PROBY4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage Licence Ann Friend Thomas Collingwood
« on: Saturday 04 January 14 11:27 GMT (UK) »
A person I was in contact with some years ago and sadly does not seem to be with us anymore refered me to a marriage licence dated 28th July 1758 between Ann Friend and Thomas Collingwood at St Mary Le Bone. AF and TC did get married on 30th July 1758 at St Mary Le Bone and I have a copy of the marriage certificate.
This person did get a copy of the licence but I never found out from where or where he found the original reference.
I have done research to try and get a copy and reference to this licence but with no success.
Can anyone please help
Thank you

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Licence Ann Friend Thomas Collingwood
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 January 14 11:36 GMT (UK) »
You can find the IGI reference here -

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V527-2PT

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline PROBY4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 January 14 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve

Thank you for reply. That reference refers to the marriage itself on 30th July 1758. What I am after is the grant of the licence on 28th July 1758. The person I used to be in touch with said he had got a copy of the licence itself?
regards
Colin

Offline PROBY4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 January 14 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi again

Below is what I received

Licence dated 28th July 1758 between Thomas Collingwood of St Bridget otherwise Bride London and Theophilius Friend of Parish of St Mary LeBone. Thomas over 21 and he intendeth to intermarry with Ann Friend of the Parish of St Mary Le Bone, she a spinster aged 18 with the consent of Theophilus Friend her natural and lawful father. To marry at St Mary Le Bone where Ann Friend has her usual abode.