Author Topic: John Wagstaff. Illegitimate son of Edith Wagstaff 1808  (Read 2203 times)

Offline WagstaffJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Wagstaff. Illegitimate son of Edith Wagstaff 1808
« on: Friday 17 January 14 06:35 GMT (UK) »
Have done a bit of research whilst in the Uk on my GG grandfather John Wagstaff and his mother Edith Wagstaff. She later married William Hodge. Just wish to correspond with anyone who may wish to discuss and add to my knowledge.  John lived in Great Gransden and was convicted and transported to Tasmania in 1834.
Looking forward to any replies.
Regards John W

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Wagstaff. Illegitimate son of Edith Wagstaff 1808
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 January 14 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Hiya John - and welcome to Rootschat - can you post what info you do have to save us repeating any info .for instance - do you have his baptism - if not - here it is
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N1RC-89K
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 January 14 07:23 GMT (UK) »
Edith had another illegitimate child 4 years later - a daughter
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NK2M-MQD
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline WagstaffJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 January 14 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info on John and sister Elizabeth. I had gained that info when I visited the Uk in 2008. He married Elizabth Ward (a young  Irish Convict) in Tasmania. He ended up on the Gold fields around Castlemaine Victoia. They had 10 Children. I am decended from their Last child. I am still in the area.  John's record showed that his wife Elizabeth visited him on the hulk. So his first wife was Elizabeth Stain married 27 aug 1834 in Parsons Drove Cambridge shire.
Regards John