Author Topic: Anthony Todd and Isabella Robson descendants  (Read 3733 times)

Offline rosemary_a

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anthony Todd and Isabella Robson descendants
« on: Wednesday 22 January 14 01:51 GMT (UK) »
I would like to contact Neil Todd who posted (around 2011) on the family (and descendants of Anthony Todd and Isabella Robson who married in Wolsingham in 1813.   I am descended from their eldest daughter, Hannah who married Matthew Golightly.   I originally completed a TODD family tree in the 1980s after meeting the late Anthony Todd at East Biggins farm, Frosterley.  Margaret Todd (also now deceased) deposited my tree at Durham University Library.  Whilst the tree was given to various interested family members, I have a horrible feeling it is now up on Public trees on the famous website with goodness knows how many errors.  I am in touch with present Todd family members as well as the Watson family of Aukside, where the late Claude Watson was involved with documenting the Teesdale Todd and Dent connections.
A distant relative in Teesdale has told me that a Neil Todd (on Rootschat) had mentioned that I  had 'died in the Victorian Bushfires in 2009',  Well totally untrue.  We were close and saved by the wind change ... no idea where that came from.  I would like to be contacted by Neil and we can perhaps have a personal discussion on the phone (I am in Melbourne).

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Todd and Isabella Robson descendants
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 08:23 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat! ;D

The easiest way to contact Neil is via the original post:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=523517.

Click on that URL, and click on "Reply".
Neil should get an email informing him of your post.

Incidentally, don't put your phone number (or email address) in a post - use the Personal Message (PM) system.
You need 3 posts before that is open to you, so respond to Neil's original post as your 2nd post, then make another post.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline rosemary_a

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the information 'KGarrard'.  I had a quick look at where your interests are ... and strangely I have done some research for my own first cousin (a Garrard, though not a Garrad) whose family though later living in the North of England (Middlesbrough/Darlington area), originated from Essex .. at least that is as far as I got.  My cousin's father (his mother was my aunt) was a 'Harold Stephen Garrard by the way.

I will follow up Neil as you suggest
Rosemary_a

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 12:17 GMT (UK) »
I sent Neil a PM earlier - to let him know of your interest.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline CTF1979

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 May 20 15:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Rosemary

I discovered this post when searching East Biggins Farm - where some of my ancestors resided. I am descended from Hannah Greenwell (nee Todd), whose father, Cuthbert, died at Biggins Farm in 1801. As such I'm very interested to learn more about the Todd family. I was wondering if you could tell me how I might go about getting a copy of the tree you have put together?

Best regards

Courtney

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 May 20 19:54 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Courtney

Rosemary does not seem to have been in the forums for quite a long time, but as long as she is still using the same email address she will get a notification of a new reply to her thread.

Fingers crossed that she gets the notification and comes back to answer your questions.

Boo

Offline rosemary_a

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 08:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Courtney,
I was just notified about your post and when I went to look at my original posting I discovered other replies.  I am sorry that I seem to have lost touch with all this as I have been busy putting together ofther family lines.   

If you email me personally via PM (?) I can recommend a couple of trees on Ancestry (Public Member).  There are one or two which I consider very well researched and so you could be confident they are correct unlike others. My own tree is only available via hard copy as it was put together late 1990s before famly history programmes were widely available.  There are a number of corrections and additions and the whole thing needs to be data inputted.  I also have a lot of photographs and am in personal contact with the daughter of Anthony Todd (of East Biggins) who I first met on a visit to the farm in 1987. 
I have a photo (rom the family) of Isabella Robson in her old age, with her granddaughter Isabella Brown.  She long outlived the Anthony Todd who died 1833 ... so no photos there!   My Hannah Todd died aged 27 (TB) in 1840 leaving three young daughters.  I have a photo of the youngest, my gt. gt. grandmother, Mary Jane Golightly.
Best wishes,Rosemary

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 09:34 BST (UK) »
Courtney, there is an explanation of how to use the PM system here
https://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

You'd need to have made 3 posts to the forum to be able to use the system, so just reply to this thread a couple of times and then you can contact Rosemary directly.

Boo

Offline CTF1979

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 10 May 20 14:01 BST (UK) »
Just replying to the thread so I can PM Rosemary!