Author Topic: Herbert, Reginald, Norman GOOD of England  (Read 1127 times)

Offline ontchick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Herbert, Reginald, Norman GOOD of England
« on: Monday 20 June 05 20:07 BST (UK) »
Am looking for information on HERBERT GOOD b. abt. 1911, in London, m. Elsie Davison in August 1942 in Blackpool, England.  Had 2 kids:  Norma born 1943 and Reginald born 1945/6.
Elsie took her kids and immigrated to Ontario, Canada, leaving Herbert in England.  Although they never divorced Herbert started another family.
I am looking for anything on Herbert and his second family, and his parents.
Apparently his brothers Reginald and Norman where sent to Australia for being naughty (lol) boys during or just after WWII.
If anyone has any ideas on where I can start or if you have info please let me know.

Ontchick
Scarr (Yorkshire-North); Tipper (anywhere England); Fleming (Perth, Scotland); McDougall (Argyll, Scotland); Cole (England); Francis (England/Germany); Beagan and Madigans (Ireland); Ferrier (Angus, Scotland)

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert, Reginald, Norman GOOD of England
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 June 05 08:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Ontchick,

There are several entries for Herbert Good's in Death Registration post 1984, including this one:

Herbert Good
Death May 1993 age 82
Birth Date 11 May 1911
Registration District Camden/Greater London
Reg number. E39A
Entry Number 253

There are other entries that could match, but with 2nd forenames. Also, he could have died elsewhere, earlier, etc. so this is really just one possible out of many. Thought I'd post it anyway, just in case...

Tanja  :)
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ontchick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert, Reginald, Norman GOOD of England
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 June 05 10:25 BST (UK) »
Good morning Tanja!!

Thank you for the info......may not be him but it's a good starting point.  Apparetnly Elsie and Herbert married August 1942 in Blackpool (I think).
Norma is my mother-in-law and she knows nothing about her father except that he started another family after she came to Canada.  So any family info would be great.

Thanks again !!!!  Ontchick :)
Scarr (Yorkshire-North); Tipper (anywhere England); Fleming (Perth, Scotland); McDougall (Argyll, Scotland); Cole (England); Francis (England/Germany); Beagan and Madigans (Ireland); Ferrier (Angus, Scotland)