Author Topic: Charlotte LUNE  (Read 4528 times)

Offline grlune

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Grandad - John Gibbons (1920-2008)
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte LUNE
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 June 05 09:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeff

Thanks for this - I'll try to get hold of the actual passenger list. And it is interesting too as you say that although she died in Toronto she may not have lived there.

I wonder if she may have had a passport too? A probability I suppose - I have no idea though if she ever came back to the UK to visit family etc. Would there be any Passport archives that I might get access to?

Regards
Graham

NAMES & PLACES OF INTEREST:

EDWIN/MOISEY - Evesham (Worcs) and Birmmingam (Warks)
GIBBONS/GURNEY - Rugby (Warks),  Hackney (London)
HUGHES - Bromsgrove (Worcs)
LEACH/HEYWOOD/STANLEY/CATHRO - Toronto (Ontario, CANADA)
LUNE/LOON/LOONE - Birmingham, Fillongley and Coleshill (Warks), Nelson (Lancs)
VINCENT/HUNTER - Bloxham (Oxon), Kenilworth (Warks) and Huyton, Roby near Liverpool

*Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 June 05 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Graham,

Another thing you may want to check into is the 1940 National Registration that was to be filled out by all Canadians with their information.  It costs about $45.00 CDN I believe.  Here is a link to it for more information

http://www.genealogy.gc.ca/10/100706_e.html

I'm not sure about the passport, but since she was British and Canada is a British colony, I don't think there would be a need for one.  Definetly not like today.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline grlune

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 June 05 17:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Karen

This could be a great lead, thanks!  Your note about the Passport makes sense, pity I didn't use my brains a little more!!

Regards
Graham

VINCENT/HUNTER - Bloxham (Oxon), Kenilworth (Warks) and Huyton, Roby near Liverpool

Offline dlune

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 November 05 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello Graham

Charlotte Lune was my great aunt, My grandfather was John Lune, he was born 13/9/1886 and was therefore one of Charlotte's older brothers. I have somewhere a family tree giving the rest of the family which I am now trying to find.
Charlotte married Richard Leach on the 7th April 1930 in Toronto, there were no children from the marriage.
The information that I have gives the date of death as the 14th October 1983.
I don't know whether this is information that you already have, but I will try to add more
when I find the family tree.

Derek

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 18:56 GMT (UK) »
 Here they are in 1901, at least we have the right names...?   
 Worcs Selly Oak Worcester Northfield

James H Lune Age  46      Elizabeth LuneAge 45
Minnie LuneAge 19           Lillie R LuneAge 18 
James LuneAge 16            John LuneAge 14 
Fred LuneAge 11              Charles H LuneAge 9
Charlotte Lune Age 8 
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
  • 2x G-Gma Sarah Page Simpso born Chilham Kent 1836
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Trying to get birth and death certificates in the Province of Ontario is quite pathetic really.  It takes about 8 months.  My aunt has been waiting on my gr-uncle's birth certificate for over a year.  Even my own daughter, who is 6 months old, I still do not have a birth certificate for.  I

Karen,

Did you know that you can get an Ontario  birth cert now in 15 days?  There is an interactive form, guaranteed delivery in 15 days or your money back, at

https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.do?lang=en

Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
  • 2x G-Gma Sarah Page Simpso born Chilham Kent 1836
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 08 November 05 21:33 GMT (UK) »

I wonder if she may have had a passport too? A probability I suppose - I have no idea though if she ever came back to the UK to visit family etc. Would there be any Passport archives that I might get access to?

This website has info on Canadian Naturalizations and Passports 

http://naturalizationrecords.com/canada/

Your great aunt would not have  naturalized as from 1763 to 1 January 1947, people born in the provinces
and colonies of British North America were all British subjects. Naturalization meant taking the oath of allegiance as a British subject -- and they were already

Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore

Offline grlune

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 12 November 05 07:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Derek

Many thanks for the information - this is great news. I would be interested in talking further with you and have sent you a personal message. Not sure if you have received it?

Graham

Offline dlune

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 13 November 05 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello Graham.
Got your message, sorry  for the delay but I spend my working day on a computer so I don't feel inclined to use it much in the evening. I have vague recollections of being taken to Fred's house a few times when I was a youngster, was it around the Northfield area ? Any journey over two miles seemed a long way in those days. I lived next door to  my grandfather, who was always known as Jack rather than John. We lived in Oldbury my Father was James and I had two aunts Lily and Alice, neither who had children, and as I was an only child I was the only one to carry the name forward down our line. Apart from Fred I never really new much about the other brothers and didn't even remember them being mentioned. The only other members of the family we seemed to meet up with as remember were Roland and Harold Lune, and as I haven't yet found my copy of the family tree I am not quite sure where they fitted in. I would be interested in meeting up, as a newcomer to this site I don't know how the personal message system works, perhaps I should read the help menu.

Derek