Author Topic: Tameside Burial Records  (Read 1149 times)

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Large Family circa 1906
    • View Profile
Tameside Burial Records
« on: Wednesday 29 January 14 11:04 GMT (UK) »
I've been using the Tameside Burial and Cremation records on http://web.tameside.gov.uk/BACAS/ but i've noticed that all the older records seem to have disappeared! All the results I am getting are for Dukinfield Crematorium and when I repeat searches for people I have previously found, nothing is coming up for them. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
I have sent them a message to ask what is going on - it may be that they don't know that there is an issue - so when I get a response I will post on here. (Also posted on the Lancashire board due to the county overlap.)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Large Family circa 1906
    • View Profile
Re: Tameside Burial Records
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 13:47 GMT (UK) »
They have responded to say that they have an ongoing problem with the online records which is being investigated and they hope to resolve the issue as soon as they can.

I will keep my eye on it over the next few days, see if it gets resolved soon.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.

Offline Dee321eeD

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi

This has been going on for a few months now.  I had noticed this as most of the records I had already found are no longer on there.  They have changed the record format when you do manage to find one so I wonder if it is anything to do with this.  Either way it's a tad annoying!

Dee
Woodhead,Welsby,-Ches.<br />Garlick,-Yorks./Derbs<br />Gilmore,Honeywood-Manchester,Lancs<br />Sinfield,-Beds,Bucks,Derbyshire<br />Partridge-Beds<br /><br />Howcroft-Lancs,Ches<br />Price-Ches<br />Teece-Shrops<br />

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 January 14 07:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dee,

Same subject has been posted on the Lancashire Board and you might be interested in the replies.
 You may have already noticed it but if not here's the link.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=675683.0

Pat

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk