Author Topic: Metton War Memorial  (Read 470 times)

Offline cheshiremog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • JACHs Jacksdale Area Culture & Heritage Group
    • View Profile
Metton War Memorial
« on: Wednesday 12 February 14 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Is there any kind person in the vicinity of Metton who might take a photo or two of the Metton war memorial - we are very interested in the fact that our past village Reverend's is named on it. We would  love to also see a photo of the plaque bearing his name which is V Jagg. Hope you can help. The photos would be used for our village heritage project.
UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
General Information relating to villages of JACKSDALE, PYE HILL & WESTWOOD Notts
Cheshire - TAYLOR, HEAPY, KNOWLES, HAMPSON, CLAYTON, STONIER, PRITCHARD, NADIN, GALLIMORE
Staffs - HEAPY
Devon - CLIFT, VITTERY, TRIST, MOLLOY, COBLEY, LEAR, GUILFOYLE, BICKFORD, EPPS, BEAZLEY, DARKE, LANG, QUANT, BLANKENSHIP
Devon & Cornwall - CLIFT, LARK
Somerset -Frome -HEAPY
Derbys/Notts- COCKAYNE, PHEASEY, KNOWLES

Offline berkeley

• RootsChat Senior
  • HMS Berkeley-Dieppe-Aug-19-1942
    • View Profile
Re: Metton War Memorial
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 February 14 13:37 GMT (UK) »
          Hi, I will go to Metton tomorrow to take pics for you, could you PM an email address
           to me, then I will send them to you, Dave.

Offline cheshiremog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • JACHs Jacksdale Area Culture & Heritage Group
    • View Profile
Re: Metton War Memorial
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 February 14 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave
That is very kind of you. I will look forward to that.  V Jagg was a previous Reverend of Westwood, St Mary's near Jacksdale, Notts and we would like the information for our village website. There is no rush for the photos, please choose a day when the weather is best for you. kind regards Carol
email  cazmart99@madasafish.com  The Metton memorial is unusual, as just like the Jacksdale memorial it lists the served as well as the fallen.
UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
General Information relating to villages of JACKSDALE, PYE HILL & WESTWOOD Notts
Cheshire - TAYLOR, HEAPY, KNOWLES, HAMPSON, CLAYTON, STONIER, PRITCHARD, NADIN, GALLIMORE
Staffs - HEAPY
Devon - CLIFT, VITTERY, TRIST, MOLLOY, COBLEY, LEAR, GUILFOYLE, BICKFORD, EPPS, BEAZLEY, DARKE, LANG, QUANT, BLANKENSHIP
Devon & Cornwall - CLIFT, LARK
Somerset -Frome -HEAPY
Derbys/Notts- COCKAYNE, PHEASEY, KNOWLES