Author Topic: John Harrison  (Read 10052 times)

Offline Penberthy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Harrison
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 May 22 05:36 BST (UK) »
After 8 years I am back looking for the parents of John Harrison who married Agnes ? about 1815.  I thought it was Dodd but someone has taken that name.  He was 55 in 1841 census in Kendal living at Far Cross Bank, a joiner.  Born about 1785 to 1790.  If I could find the MC would it mention father’s name of John in those days. 
I have since noticed that two Harrison’s Thomas and Stephen of Kendal go all the way back to Benjamin Harrison 1594 founding father of America etc.  Surely I have some DNA or not.  Elizabeth, John’s daughter born 1819 married Thomas Lee in Kendal 1841, so I have Lee as well!!!  Ann Lee married Abraham Roberts and are my ggrandparents.  Abe’s son visited there in 1902, but I have never made it to see it.  Annie named her house in Bendigo “Grasmere” as she must have been homesick.
Would like some help really.  Regards, Diane Penberthy nee Roberts

Offline Penberthy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 12 June 22 10:15 BST (UK) »
 After a lot of searching I have found the parents of my John Harrison of Kendal. He was born 1790 to Anthony Harrison a Shearman and Dyer born 1758 and died 1806 and married to Ann Rowlandson. it states Thomas and Elizabeth being parents in family search, but there are three Elizabeth’s married in 1746, 1750 and 1755.  Idle, Galloway and Chaplehow respectively to Thomas Harrison in Warcop where they are buried. 

I think Thomas a Yeoman (farmer) and I cannot find his birthdate or his parents. It appears that why had many children, however it states another Anthony who died so I have to eliminate one, but who!
Is there a way of finding out more about him, as he would have been born 1720 plus I think?

I have studied fully the Harrisons from Thomas 1440 and Stephen 1446 from Kendal back to Benjamin Harrison born 1594 Northampton.  The 1st President of USA. A definite connection.  From Thomas 1440 back to the Vikings, so thousands with the DNA.

Pleas let me know if you can find the birth of Thomas of Warcop and his father? So many Harrisons.
Thank you,
Cheers,
Diane Penberthy

Offline Penberthy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 02 August 22 01:20 BST (UK) »
Dismiss Anthony Harrison as not the one apparently.  And also Agnes Dodd who has been taken.
Sorry for confusion.
  I did find that an Agnes Carradus married John Harrison in 1815/6.  They had Agnes then Elizabeth  who married Thomas Lee in 1841, and James in 1821.  Agnes died 2 months after having James.  John married again in 1828 Ann Nelson.  They had a daughter Margaret who went on to marry into Lee family, a relation to Thomas Lee.
Too many John Harrisons to find his parents.