Author Topic: Offer: Crosthwaite parish register transcripts  (Read 12314 times)

Offline dmollison

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Offer: Crosthwaite parish register transcripts
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 22 January 17 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much.

Seeing Edbar's offer of Sep 2015 i there any chance of getting a copy of the whole register of Crosthwaite B & M up to 1812 to browse?  It would save me bothering with too many lookup requests as I try and sort out the Borrowdale Birketts and Braithwaites (i managed the Jopsons a few years back).

If not, I'd still very much appreciate details of the 1750/60s  Birkett baptisms I mentioned in my first email.

Best wishes

Denis

Offline Beza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 14:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have:
Lancelot DOBSON married Jane Preston 8/12/1777
Peter GARNETT baptised 6/4/1777 parents William & Elizabeth
William GARNETT married Elizabeth Moon 1/1/1770
Elizabeth Moon baptised 17/9/1744 parents John & Elizabeth.
Got these from IGI. If you have access to the records does it provide any more info e.g. where they lived occupations etc. Anything would be great.
Thanking you in anticpation,

Phil Orrell

Offline dmollison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 02 February 20 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Further to my request of a few years back, I've recently discovered that the full transcripts of the Crosthwaite Registers 1562-1812 are now available free online on familysearch.org . Just use the Search drop-down menu to search for a Book, and search for "Registers of Crosthwaite".  They are in 4 volumes (printed in around 1930), with Indexes for both Names and Places, and you can either read them online or even download them to your own computer to browse at leisure.  The transcriptions look very carefully done, so though I suppose there could be a few cases in which you'd want to check with a film of the original registers - or even the original register itself, generally they are much easier to use than the originals.

So my new question is: does anyone know of an easy way to find out which parish registers have been transcribed and printed in this way?