Author Topic: Looking for parents of Elvira Comeau in Nova Scotia  (Read 14201 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents of Elvira Comeau in Nova Scotia
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 24 January 15 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Punch did you ever go through all this to see if anything made sense?
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline JanMac1961

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents of Elvira Comeau in Nova Scotia
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 27 January 22 22:52 GMT (UK) »
ValerieC - Jeremy Maillet did indeed remarry. He married Mary Josephine Surette (BIRTH 26 OCT 1881 • Eelbrook, Nova Scotia, Canada DEATH 8 MAR 1967) ... unsure of date right now but between the 1920 CA and 1930 USA censuses... and they can be found on the 1930 USA census of Medford, Middlesex, MA, USA. I do have their marriage info somewhere in my paperwork, but my Aunt said that they called her Grandmère Josephine as she wasn't their real grandmother.

Edward (Jeremy's son with Elvira) is my Grandfather. I, too, and still looking to find Elvira's parents' names. Heavy sigh. There is so much info here but, by skimming through, we are no closer to finding them. Take care.

"I went to the 1921 census in the hopes that Jerry Maillet may have remarried. Often the marriage will be to a relative of the wife, especially if there are young children. No such luck.
Municipality of Clare (which is the French Shore), Mavillette (badly mispelled on the census)
Jerry S. Maillet, 46
Esther Maillet, 20
Annie, 18
Edward, 16
Wilfred, 15
Robert, 13
Madeline Maillet, 90

Mrs. Madeline Maillet, died June 1925, age 94 with Robert Maillet, grandson as the informant so no help their either.
I have not been able to find a death in Nova Scotia for Jerry Maillet but ancestry does have a border crossing around 1940 to the USA if someone can look that up. I don't have the membership.

Clutching at straws at this point. I have checked the 1881 and 1891 census at LAC for all Comeau children age 2, 3, 4 for 1881 for Salmon River to Meteghan and haven't come up with anything conclusive and the same for 1891 age 12, 13, 14.

I think I will spend some time now on St. Alphonse and see if I can find anything there as it is the closest community to Bear Cove and I'm not sure what would have been there in the time period 1875-1916 when Elvira died. It does appear that registrations were slow as Elvira died in 1916 and wasn't registered until 1917.

I live about 90 minutes from Salmon River/Mavillette. It is a beautiful area. I have been to all the beaches and most of the churches. I will keep looking.
Val"

[/quote]