Author Topic: Ann Maria Payne - Bristol  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Andy_J_Lock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ann Maria Payne - Bristol
« on: Wednesday 22 June 05 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hello to you all

I wonder if somebody could help me track down the family of my gt gt gt Grandmother. She was born Ann Maria Payne, sometime around 1828 or 1829 in Bristol. She married John Lock from Barnstaple (exactly where & when I haven't been able to find out). It then seems they moved to Newington, Surrey where they had 2 children (Jane L Lock & John Thomas Lock) before moving back to Litchdon St in Barnstaple (where they were during the 1851 Census & 2 years later when their 3rd child, Charles, was born).

I have tracked down 2 possible christening entries in the LDS, but can find no concrete evidence that either are correct....  ???  :-\

Ann Payne  Female
12 APR 1829   St Phillip And Jacob, Bristol, Gloucester, England
Father:  Abraham Payne
Mother:  Hannah

Ann Payne  Female
Christening:  05 JUL 1829   St Phillip And St Jacob, Bristol,
Gloucester, England
Father:  Henry Payne
Mother:  Ann

Any information or assistance would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks in advance.  :)

Andy Lock
Swansea
Lock (Barnstaple & Swansea)<br />Holland (Filliegh, Devon)<br />Lovering (Barnstaple)<br />Freeman (Swansea)<br />Payne (Bristol)<br />Phillips (Pembrokeshire)

Offline winto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Maria Payne - Bristol
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 June 05 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy

I have looked for you but I cannot find anything much to help.

What I would suggest is that you need to track down Ann & John's marriage certificate as this will provide Ann's fathers name. This would then answer your question without doubt. I would say you should work between the years 1844 and the year there first child was born which must be about 1847/1848. This is only a 3 or 4 year window so you should be able to narrow it down using www.1837online.com. It may take some time and credits and even some wrong tries but this is definitely the way I would go.

Hope this helps, sorry I couldnt help more

winto
Worsnop, Cutts, Mullins

Offline Andy_J_Lock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Maria Payne - Bristol
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 June 05 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Winto

Many thanks for your reply.  To be honest I guessed it might be a bit of a long shot. I'll take your advice and invest in a few credits for 1837online and put aside a couple of hours on the computer!  :-\

Thank you

Andy
Lock (Barnstaple & Swansea)<br />Holland (Filliegh, Devon)<br />Lovering (Barnstaple)<br />Freeman (Swansea)<br />Payne (Bristol)<br />Phillips (Pembrokeshire)