Author Topic: GRO Index Help Please  (Read 1496 times)

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
GRO Index Help Please
« on: Thursday 23 June 05 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys

I'm trying to trace a relations birth so I can order her will.

This is the information I have.

Rosemary CHANDLER
Falmouth
22 July 1918

I'm not sure about the date?

Could someone be kind enough to look up her GRO index number please.

Thanks

Paul
Cornwall: Hoare, Hoar, Mallet, Mallett, Davey, Cock<br />Leicester (Croxton K)Ward<br />Lincolnshire: Smith, Moss, Baxter<br />Rutland: Dexter, Hill, Green, Fowler, Smith, Ward, Vernum, Lattimore, Chappell, Turner, Burrows<br />Northamtonshire: Baxter, Smith<br />South Africa: Moss, Dominey, Dominy, Domeney<br /><br />Requests: <br /><br />1841 Rutland Census Look Ups<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: GRO Index Help Please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 June 05 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

I'm trying to trace a relations birth so I can order her will

I'm not sure that this makes sense ???  Are you trying to trace her birth or death?  What is the date you give?

Best wishes

Casalguidi

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 June 05 22:40 BST (UK) »
Maybe that doesn't make sense but I need to supply the probate office with exact birth and death details in order for them to release the will.

Thanks

Paul
Cornwall: Hoare, Hoar, Mallet, Mallett, Davey, Cock<br />Leicester (Croxton K)Ward<br />Lincolnshire: Smith, Moss, Baxter<br />Rutland: Dexter, Hill, Green, Fowler, Smith, Ward, Vernum, Lattimore, Chappell, Turner, Burrows<br />Northamtonshire: Baxter, Smith<br />South Africa: Moss, Dominey, Dominy, Domeney<br /><br />Requests: <br /><br />1841 Rutland Census Look Ups<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 June 05 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

You need to supply the probate office with her name at the time of her decease and date of death or at least year of death and place of death or residence.  They won't have anything to match date of birth with.  Is the date you give the date of death? 

Best wishes

Casalguidi

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 June 05 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hello

Yes I believe it is the correct date of death!

My Mother-in-law is going to send them the info she has.  They should be able to find the will with that.

Regards

Paul

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 June 05 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

Yes, they should be able to find the will with her full name, date and place of death.

Good luck

Casalguidi