Author Topic: Waldron of Bray and Wicklow  (Read 5426 times)

Offline KD146

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Waldron of Bray and Wicklow
« on: Monday 24 March 14 23:25 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace my 3rd great grandmother, Elizabeth Waldron.

Her marriage to Thomas Booth appears on 26 Sep 1831 in Bray.  Her death and burial appears in 1886, and there is a headstone in the old cemetery in Old Connaught.

A number of Waldrons appear in Wicklow in Griffiths Valuation, in Ennereilly, Kilbride and further away.  However, a Thomas Waldron appears in Fassaroe in Bray, and this family would be a very likely origin for Elizabeth.  It's a fair guess at least, if only that.

I wonder has anyone here any connections to Waldrons in Wicklow, or especially Bray, and am I at a likely dead end in terms of making any connections further back, to these Bray Waldrons, or others?

Many thanks.
Co.Dublin - Connor, Martin, Reilly, Roche

Co.Laois - Brennan, Cobbe, Curran, Quearney

Co.Wexford - Kavanagh, Louth, Toole

Co.Wicklow - Booth, Byrne, Franklin, Kearney, Keddy, Murphy, Turner, Waldron, Woods

Hampshire, UK - Hayter, Heady, Nutley, Pullen

Offline pwaldron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Waldron of Bray and Wicklow
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 April 14 23:41 BST (UK) »
My Waldron GGgrandfather came from Roscommon and I know nothing about the Wicklow families.

However, I did notice some Waldron graves in Glendalough when I was there many years ago.  I was not organised enough at the time to take photographs or make transcriptions.

Offline Bandha

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waldron of Bray and Wicklow
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 April 20 15:48 BST (UK) »
My 2x g grandmother was Mary Ann Waldron, from Wicklow. Born circa 1818 & eloped with horse groom John McMahon in 1840, to Australia. He was apparently below her class & family unimpressed. Another Waldron went to NSW a bit later & I'm trying to discover if he was a relative as the latter became president of the Society of Aust. Genealogists & they still have all of his records. Mary Ann had 10 children & lived in Robertson, south of Sydney.