Author Topic: Hanisch - Berlin  (Read 796 times)

Offline anniecat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hanisch - Berlin
« on: Thursday 27 March 14 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Fanny Tinsley (b 1845 Holbeach, Lincolnshire) married (widower?) Ernst Harry Hanisch (born c 1817) on 20 April 1872 in Berlin.  They had 2 boys Ernst Harry (1873) and Georg Fedor (1874).

Family information is that Fanny was interned during WWI and one of her sons turned against her because of her nationality.  I know she visited England to see her family after the war but I think she must have returned to, and died in, Germany.  There is certainly no death registration I can find in England.

I don't know anything about her husband or children and really don't know how to begin looking to find out more.  I have no German.  [I tried one of the RC recommended sites without success.]  I'm struggling!

Offline anniecat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hanisch - Berlin
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 March 14 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - Correction required :(
Fanny married Ernst AUGUST Hanisch 20 April 1872 Berlin, Brandenburg. 
And I see from the Family Search marriage record that Ernst's father was Johann Samuel Hanisch (new information  :)).

Offline Jack-a-Lyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hanisch - Berlin
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 April 14 01:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Anniecat,

My ancestry involves Germany and I don't speak German either so research can be daunting. I have found German BDMs very helpful as quite often births, deaths and marriages are cross referenced so you may find dates of deaths written on birth and marriage records.

Perhaps you could get a copy of the marriage record to see if there is any added information that has not been transcribed into the Family Search database. Don't worry about not being able to read the document as you can post it bit by bit (or just relevant bits) on RC and they are ever so helpful in translating it for you.

Happy reseaching  :D

Jack-a-lyn