Author Topic: Mary Ann Ward  (Read 3141 times)

Offline robang66

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Ann Ward
« on: Tuesday 01 April 14 14:30 BST (UK) »
My great-grandmother, Mary Ann Ward, married Alexander Davidson in Dublin on March 30, 1860, at St. Thomas Church in the Parish of St. Thomas, City of Dublin.  He was from Scotland.  She was born in 1840, and according to their 1860 marriage certificate, her father was Michael Ward, a tailor, and I assume in Dublin.  The marriage certificate notes that she was from " ...what looks like Oo Oo and Ballinsloe", (it could also be read as "Wallinasloe" or something like that).  Could the Oo Oo mean ditto to the address above, which shows that Alexander lived at 19 Marlboro Street (assuming Dublin).  I had put a query online quite some time ago, but due to a complete computer crash, I've lost responses. 

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?  Thanks! 
Ireland, Scotland, England, United States, Germany, Australia.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Ward
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 15:27 BST (UK) »
Link to church marriage record
I would read her address as do do (meaning the same as that above it) and Walkinstown

Link to original post
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline ourgang

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Ward
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 17:42 BST (UK) »
I think her address is Do Do (meaning as above) and Ballinasloe. The B is unusual ,but, is similar to the B in Bachelor. Mary Anne signs her signature Warde.
McGuirk, Jordan of Wicklow
Carr of Liverpool
Connor of Blackrock