Author Topic: Emily Henderson grown up, help needed with photo top & bottom  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Elizajb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Emily Henderson grown up, help needed with photo top & bottom
« on: Wednesday 02 April 14 01:13 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

At the risk of being greedy, could I ask for help with one more photo please?

This is my Nana Emily Henderson as an adult, about age 18 (ref. "Tidy up Emily & siblings" of a couple of days ago) and I would like to print and frame it alongside the photo of her as a child.

However, I received the photo by email as a snapshot of a framed photo, which cannot be removed from the frame and as you can see, the top and bottom of the oval board around the photo have been cut off.

Would anyone be able to restore the top and bottom of the oval so that I can print it as  a whole? I don't have the programme or the skills to do this myself so am hoping someone will be able to do it, or come up with another suitable idea.

Many thanks if you can help once more.

Regards Eliza.
BLANCH London, Kent, Cumberland, Sunderland WALTON Cumberland, WILSON Cumberland, New Zealand, GRAHAM Cumbria/USA,  DUNN Woolwich Kent, BLAKE Northumberland HENDERSON Renfrewshire PATERSON Argyllshire HALLAM Surrey BYRNE Dublin, BURNS Glasgow, DENSTON/BARBER Staff., WADMAN Somerset, DALE Middlesex, AIMERS Selkirkshire, BORTHWICK Berwickshire

Offline diesse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Emily grown up, help needed with photo top & bottom
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 03:05 BST (UK) »
Will round do?
Lovely photo.
Di
Badge, Butt, Brentnall, Cannon, Dixon, Esse (Main) Harcourt, Mahony, Moss, Mossop, Nickells, Sowerby, Vickers U.K/Australia/U.S.A.

Offline tommyfromri

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 03:19 BST (UK) »
Nice photo Elizajb.  My effort .  ,Tommy

Offline Elizajb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 03:40 BST (UK) »
Oh great! Thankyou both very much, Tommy and Diesse.

Yes, round is fine, I can print them nicely now and hang it beside the kiddy one. The colouring also looks lovely Tommy, ta very much. I forgot to describe that although you got it pretty right. Her hair was brunette with an ash tint, much as you have it, and blue eyes.

I only remember her from the knees down as I was quite small the last time I saw her. I remember she wore thick stockings and black 'Minnie Mouse' shoes when she was elderly.

I think the photo was taken about 1904.

Many thanks again,

Regards Eliza.
BLANCH London, Kent, Cumberland, Sunderland WALTON Cumberland, WILSON Cumberland, New Zealand, GRAHAM Cumbria/USA,  DUNN Woolwich Kent, BLAKE Northumberland HENDERSON Renfrewshire PATERSON Argyllshire HALLAM Surrey BYRNE Dublin, BURNS Glasgow, DENSTON/BARBER Staff., WADMAN Somerset, DALE Middlesex, AIMERS Selkirkshire, BORTHWICK Berwickshire

Offline diesse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 03:42 BST (UK) »
Tommy's colour one is beautiful - and she is so lovely.
Di
Badge, Butt, Brentnall, Cannon, Dixon, Esse (Main) Harcourt, Mahony, Moss, Mossop, Nickells, Sowerby, Vickers U.K/Australia/U.S.A.

Offline Elizajb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 03:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Di,

He does a nice job of colouring doesn't he? One day I mean to learn, it looks an addictive hobby though.

Regards Eliza.

Offline ymfoster

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 05:01 BST (UK) »
My effort,  :)

Yvonne
Restorers may use my restores to colour, acknowledgement appreciated.

Mostly England - <br />Walne Nfk - Argent Barritt Hammond Sfk - Asprey Comber Cribb Gundrey Higgs Plaw Sewell Sumption Sry - Baldwin Bull Nth -  Brumfield Dufty London Wor -  Calverley Greenhalgh Lan - Dodson Stainsby NRY - Denison WRY - Whittle Yks - Dormer Mdx - Felmingham Eng - Grecian Nbl -  Hayse Mass US - Jenner Ounstead Weeding Ssx - McDonald Skye - Campbell McIndoe McMillan Inv - Window Gls

Offline Elizajb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 07:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Yvonne,

Thankyou very much, that's much better. It looks like an oval now, much nicer.

It's quite inspiring seeing the changes wrought by the rootschat restorers.

Many thanks,
Eliza.

Offline ymfoster

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 02 April 14 07:38 BST (UK) »
You're very welcome Eliza,  :)

Yvonne
Restorers may use my restores to colour, acknowledgement appreciated.

Mostly England - <br />Walne Nfk - Argent Barritt Hammond Sfk - Asprey Comber Cribb Gundrey Higgs Plaw Sewell Sumption Sry - Baldwin Bull Nth -  Brumfield Dufty London Wor -  Calverley Greenhalgh Lan - Dodson Stainsby NRY - Denison WRY - Whittle Yks - Dormer Mdx - Felmingham Eng - Grecian Nbl -  Hayse Mass US - Jenner Ounstead Weeding Ssx - McDonald Skye - Campbell McIndoe McMillan Inv - Window Gls