Author Topic: Long Nawang Borneo 1942  (Read 14804 times)

Offline Sera

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Long Nawang Borneo 1942
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 09 October 19 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Brionne,

Thank you very much for replying and sharing. I know my sister was very passionate about finding our roots and reading her messages online does bring mixed emotions as she had left us too early. But I wanted to  continue what she has been doing and I do appreciate your putting this up. I hope it can help me to eventually connect with my grandfather's relatives as I am really curious about my grandfather's side of the family. Thank you again & if you are ever in my part of the world, feel free to connect :)

Offline Hyypia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 July 21 08:30 BST (UK) »
Hello there Brionne. I am Hyypia, Andrew Macpherson's great great grandson. About half a year ago, i started researching on my genealogy and the only clue i had was the name of my great grandma's father's name, Andrew Macpherson.

Thankfully, after a few months of research, i have found many information on Andrew and i can trace Andrew's ancestors, about 13 generations up!

If you need any information, feel free to pm me, ill be glad to help.

I have also recently learned of my great aunt's passing (Lita).

My great grandmother, Bibi Macpherson, Andrew's eldest daughter passed away 21 days ago on the 16th of June 2021 at the age of 91/92.

Offline Hyypia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 07 July 21 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Sera, Hyypia here. I was recently connected with Nek Bujang's children (Aunty Natrah, Aunty Marina, Uncle Piruz, Uncle Reno)

I am Maria's grandson. Maria is Nek Bibi's daughter.

If you need any information on Andrew or his family, feel free to contact me, i have a few information on him!

Regards, Hyypia.

Offline Skyechi

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 June 22 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, I hope those that wrote in this chat are still linked to it....

I'm researching the Ferguson branch of my tree and have contact with a distant rellie who gave me some details about his aunt of whom I could not find anymore details on.

He told me his aunt, husband and infant had been killed by the Japanese.  Some further digging and I found a location which has led me to researching this massacre.

His aunt was Isabella Sinclair (Clair) MacPherson nee Ferguson.  She married bachelor Andrew MacPherson b1905 in Russia, occupation: civil servant, in Durban, South Africa on 1 Mar 1941.

According to another of his aunt's who wrote the history down, Clair and Andrew "were tragically murdered by the Japanese on the island of Borneo in August, 1942"

I was very surprised to read in this post that Andrew has descendants.  So either he lied and was not a bachelor upon marrying in South Africa, or there's another Andrew MacPherson and family that were killed in Borneo by the Japanese in 1942. 

I'd be very keen to hear more from Andrew's descendants.

Thanks for your time