Author Topic: Frederick Lillycroft Lindsay and Frederick Lee  (Read 8063 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Lillycroft Lindsay and Frederick Lee
« Reply #18 on: Friday 10 July 15 05:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks for 'tidying up' this thread.  Nice to know that he was acknowledged, and obviously known to the family.  Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sam Sims

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Lillycroft Lindsay
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 04:22 BST (UK) »
My name is Mary Lee, GreatGrand Daughter of Frederick Lee son of Agnes McMillan. I've read some of your posts re the family (inc Agnes McMillan) and am a little confused re the father of Frederick Lee , Agnes' son. My records indicate his father was a Frederick Lee who arrived in Hobart in 1838 aboard the "Parsee" and died early 1841 of consumption. Your posts refer to the possible father of FL as Frederick Lillycroft Lindsay. Has any recent research (since 2014) confirmed this or else shed any light on this conflict?
I would much appreciate any comment or clarification as my progress on the Lee family history seems to have reached a fork in the road.
Mary Lee

Offline cocksie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Frederick Lillycroft Lindsay
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 09:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Sam Sims
First up - welcome
Second - I think you might have posted your query on an unrelated thread. This one is chasing down mysterious Kellehers and Buckleys. But perhaps you are wanting to get in touch with a particular person who posted on this thread?
Third - I think you need to make two more posts to "finalise" your RC status. Just respond to this twice and you will be all good to go.
Cocksie
Hallidays of Northowram, Roberts of Hovingham, Stampers of Kirkdale, Cocks of Mary Tavy Devon, Cocks of Redruth Cornwall, Manser of Sussex, Axel of East Sussex, Palmer of East Sussex, Hermitage of Sussex, Smale of Kent, Haddon of Devon, Cuthill of Kinross-shire, Lynn of Ireland, Seymour of Cork

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 09:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

As Cocksie had spotted, you had managed to reply to a topic that was not related to your folks - I have now split it off and attached it to what I think is the correct thread.

I also found this topic which was also related to the same family
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=683808.msg5282166#msg5282166

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RachelBowers

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 02:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

wondering if you have found any information on Frederick Leslie Lee. He is my 3rd great grandfather. His mother Anges and some of her children were at the Eureka Stockade from our understanding and we are curious if Frederick was one cf them. My son is doing a book report and diorama on the Stockade and is keen to learn more. Any information you can give us would be extremely helpful.

Thank you for the help.
Rachel