Author Topic: Ancestry Bristol Parish Records  (Read 2607 times)

Offline iolaus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry Bristol Parish Records
« on: Sunday 20 April 14 22:54 BST (UK) »
A hint came up on Ancestry and want a bit of advice as to if it would be mine or not

From what I know

Hannah Pinker Fry (married Fido) born 1820 (from marriage in 1838 where she is 18)
Death (Hannah Pinker Fido) registered Sept quarter 1858 (haven't ordered the actual death certificate yet)

Ancestry have come up with a burial record from the Bristol Parish records (but can't see the actual record)

Hannah Packer Fido born about 1820, death 1858, burial 25th July 1858 - Bristol, St Pauls, Portland Square

Her widower is living in St Pauls in 1861

What do people think - her burial with a misread middle name? does it tie in with the correct quater

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Bristol Parish Records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 April 14 23:13 BST (UK) »
No image given on Ancestry, just what you already have.

It would tie in with the September quarter as that runs from July to September. I would think it is the same person as it is an unusual name. 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline iolaus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Bristol Parish Records
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 April 14 11:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks that's my feeling too

Just looked on someone else's family tree on ancestry and they have her death date as 22nd July in Victoria Street (her husband is living on the corner of Victoria Street in 1861) - while I need to get the certificate myself to confirm, this, to me, makes it even more likely the burial is the correct woman