Author Topic: Sir Richard Buckley/Bulkley  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sir Richard Buckley/Bulkley
« on: Tuesday 29 April 14 08:24 BST (UK) »
I am currently researching for my ancestral link to Sir Richard Buckley/Bulkley birth 1495 died 1547 Baron Hill Beaumaris, Anglesey Wales. I only have 1 possibility that Is John Buckley birth 1671 Oldham, Lancashire who Married Mary Howard birth 1687 1729 their marriage took place 15 April 1705 at St Mary Oldham Lancashire.   Mary was from the Howard family of nobility possibly related to Catherine Howard one of Henry V111 wives she has the Howard family crest and coat of arms (Tudor Rose) I would be very grateful of any information regarding this research.
Regards
Katrina
Buckley's of Madeley Shropshire, Rochdale, Oldham Cheshire, Bulkeley's of Cheshire and Beaumaris Anglesey Wales Stanton, Turner, Taylor, Peabody. Woodall, Perkin, Wadsworth, Whittaker.

Offline joboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Sir Richard Buckley/Bulkley
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Katrina and welcome to rootschat.
All I culd find in Ancestry.com is;
Sir Richard Buckley
Place:    Cheshire, England
Book:    Marriage Licences Granted within the Dincese of Chester. (Marriage)
Collection:    Cheshire: Stockport - Probate Records, 1578-1619
Volume:    Welsh Wills
Chapter:    2. Nabbs of Stockport,
Text:    Sir Richard Buckley 4 0 0
Joe
Gill UK and Australia
Bell UK and Australia
Harding(e) Australia
Finch UK and Australia

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 10:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks Joe I have to find the link for John Buckley birth 1671 who was married to Mary Howard bith 1687 marriage was in Oldham, Lancashire 1705. when I I started my research I knew about sir Richard as per my late father's information, I always thought he was joking but my research is giving me a different story. John is my paternal 8th great Gandfather however there seems to be further investigating required regarding Sir Richard Buckley I do know that the title was handed down through the family at least 10/12 times and it is a link to one of the later sir Richard,s that I  strongly believe to be the main link possibly a 2/3 xgreat grandson of the first Sir Richard Buckley b1495 d1547  my struggle is making the link as we know there are a lot of Buckley's to research.
I believed the bulk of my Buckley was mainly in Shropshire, Nottinghamshire and Doncaster but this has proved to be the start of a bigger ancestor search which intrigues me with each discovery.
Regards
Katrina

Buckley's of Madeley Shropshire, Rochdale, Oldham Cheshire, Bulkeley's of Cheshire and Beaumaris Anglesey Wales Stanton, Turner, Taylor, Peabody. Woodall, Perkin, Wadsworth, Whittaker.

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 12:03 BST (UK) »
I have the De Bulkeley's in my tree & they originally came from Cheshire. My line stops with Mary Dau. of William De Bulkeley Lord of Hotcroft Cheshire. Mary was born in 1445 Biwmares as it was spelt then.
The last Richard I have died in 1525 he was Archdeacon of Merioneth.
The name seems to have evolved from DeBulkeley, Bulkeley & Buckley.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 15:16 BST (UK) »
Richard B.1495 was son of Rowland my ancestors older brother.
He inherited the family estate from his older brother William who died without issue. Their father William DeBulkeley Lord of Hotcroft was the 1st. to live in Anglesey although the family had links at Biwmares over several generations.The family seat being Cheadle.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim
Thankyou for your reply as you have confirmed the information I have is more or less accurate regarding the 1st Sir Richard Buckley, the only way to go now is come forward starting with Sir Richard's son the 2nd knight  hopefully the link will be alot easier to find. If I have success in finding this link I will post it on here I intend to visit the central library where I can look for the complete heraldry of the Beaumaris Buckley Dynasty.
Thankyou once again for your helpit is very much appreciated.
Regards
Katrina   

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley