Author Topic: Looking for info re my 2xgreat grandfather  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Alexanderina

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for info re my 2xgreat grandfather
« on: Saturday 24 May 14 17:56 BST (UK) »
My 2x great grandfather Richard Turner was a farmer in Cookstown in according to info on his 3 sons marriages which all took place in Glasgow, Son's were George born@1847, Alexander@ 1851and Samuel . I have found a Richard Turner on 1859 Griffiths valuation. Landlord Adam McCollum CountyTyrone. Barony Dungannon Middle and Upper Union Cookstown Parish Desertcreat. Richard was married to Anne Griffin who died in Glasgow in 1893 and was a widow. When Samuel and George married father was still living. Anne's Parents were Thomas Griffin [Farmer] and Catherine Mc Cartney. The next death I found was of a Richard Turner Jan-March 1888 Registration District Cookstown aged 73 estimated birth year 1815. could this be my relative? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Alexanderina.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for info re my 2xgreat grandfather
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 May 14 20:59 BST (UK) »
The record, including the digitised image, is available online here (pay to view):

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Offline Alexanderina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 May 14 17:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you Gaffy for link. I found death certificate for a Richard Turner who died in 1888 in poor house hospital in Cookstown and there was no home address and just stated he was married and no wife's name. Tried looking for birth of son's but it was 1864 before the registering began.
Is there any census in Ireland before then? Only hope now that some relative of this gentleman maybe sees this.  Alexanderina.
Ps How do you save certificates from NI DIRECT?

Offline Alexanderina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 10:45 BST (UK) »
Would there possible be Hospital records for Poor House in Cookstown for this period.
Thank you.
Alexanderina.