Author Topic: McBurnie and Irving's  (Read 8726 times)

Offline Tom McBurnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
McBurnie and Irving's
« on: Monday 27 June 05 06:14 BST (UK) »
Ive got a John McBurnie b: 1798 or 99 ? married to Ann Irving b: 1804. They married in 1824 in maxwelton, parish of troqueer, dumfries.
Children are
William - b:1824
Helen   - b:1826............Spouse.........Thomas Coupland
John     - b:1828............spouse.........Mary Lawson
Jane     - b:1831
James  - b:1834.............spouse.........Margaret Glover
Thomas -b:1837
Samual - b:1839
Is anyone connected to these names ?
McBurnie,Lawson,Marshal,Irving,Coupland,Glover,Whitehouse,Hanna,Gibson,Partington  searching both scotland and lanashire. barrow-in-furness area

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: McBurnie and Irving's
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 June 05 09:54 BST (UK) »
Hiya Tom,

A very warm welcome to Rootschat.

I've moved your post into the Kirkcudbrightshire board as that is where Troqueer historically was.

I will however, leave the the redirection post with the names in the title fro Dumfriesshire researchers to see.

All the best,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline Tom McBurnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 July 05 05:44 BST (UK) »
  Thanks pam. I need all the help I can get.  :)
McBurnie,Lawson,Marshal,Irving,Coupland,Glover,Whitehouse,Hanna,Gibson,Partington  searching both scotland and lanashire. barrow-in-furness area

drakes

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 July 05 15:19 BST (UK) »
Tom,
   Are you just looking for connections or additional information on this family?

the 1851 census for Dumfries/Kirkcudbright has this Ann McBurnie listed - age/birth place abt right

Name: McBURNIE , Ann
Address: 13 Howgate Street, Maxwelltown(882):
Parish: Troqueer
Relationship: head of household
Marital Status: widow
Born: born Troqueer Kbt
Household No: 23/201

I didn't search the entire site....http://www.dumgal.gov.uk/historicalindexes/census.aspx

good luck,
  drakes

Offline Tom McBurnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 01:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply Drake. Yes Im looking for connections Plus I need the Parents of John McBurnie. Im at a dead end with him. Ive seen  the info on Ann his widowed wife and her kids in that census. Ive got her parents to.  Ive been told Johns parents are william McBurnie and Helen Hannah from penningham But there son John McBurnie was born 3 years earlyer then mine ? All the family names match mine to. so now Im really confused ?¿¿? I cant seem to find a marriage for that john either.  but thanks again for the reply

drakes

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 02:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,
   Not sure if you meant you don't have a marriage between John McBurnie & Ann Irving, or just between William McBurnie and Helen Hannah - but in any case the IGI has two records for a John McBurnie & Ann Irving marriage (one in 1824 and one in 1823) which illustrate the problems with searching because of the various spellings and interpretations of surnames/forenames -
     Example - one record is Annie Irvine/John Burnie
                   and another is Ann Irvine/John MCBirnie 

both in Troqueer, Kirkcudbright, SCT

I have been searching Mary Hanna, and  found her as Mary Harris, Mary Hannay, Mary Hannah - but I will see what I can find for your William McBurnie and Helen Hannah - any idea as to marriage date range???

best,
  drakes

Offline Tom McBurnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 05:41 BST (UK) »
Hi drake
 Sorry drake , dident mean to confuse things.  Ive got the parish entry for my ( John McBurnie b:1798 ) and ann Irving marriage in 1824 but it dosent give his parents names. All it says  is ( John McBurnie of Tinwald payed 5 shilings ) to be wed to Ann Irving.  But I cant connect him to  anyone in Tinwald. Ive been trying to Find a list of McBurnies that lived in Tinwald around that time but no luck so far, just the odd referance in other family sites Danzle/corbitt. The John I cant find a marriage or death certif or parish entry for is William McBurnie and Helen Hannah of penninham's son ( John McBurnie b:1795) He seems to be the only other John McBurnie that was born in that time frame. I did find a John McBurnie in Renfrew born on same date as mine but he was married to another lady plus all the family names were different.  My Johns first son was named ( william ). I presume he was named after my Johns father ??

drakes

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 13:04 BST (UK) »
thanks for the clarification - will post if I come up with anything that looks helpful - I have found searching the highlands & lowlands of Scotland a bit more challenging than my searching the streets of  Lancashire or even London - but, fun none the less... ;D ;D, and you'll get lots of help with rootschat!!

regards,
 drakes

Offline Tom McBurnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 20:37 BST (UK) »
 I see your looking for a Mary Hanna. Is she from barrow-in-furness ?? Ive got a Margaret Lawson McBurnie that married John James Hanna in barrow in furness in 1891. Johns fathers name is Andrew Hanna.  I havent tracked there children yet . Just thought you might be interested.