Author Topic: St Cuthbert Billingham for ADAMSON please  (Read 3598 times)

Offline fluffyferret

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Cuthbert Billingham for ADAMSON please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 20:44 BST (UK) »
Just been looking for a baptism for Ann Chambers in Houghton le Spring - Ann Chambers bpt 10 Dec 1773 do John Chambers and Catherine Holburn.

When looking at freereg there's a burial for Ann Chambers do Ann Chambers bu  9 Sept 1796 of Houghton also Catherine Chambers bu 31 Oct 1817 of Houghton aged 79 years (b abt 1738). Ann Chambers daughter Ann born and bpt privately 16 May 1796 Billingham would that suggested baby Ann wasn't well at birth and so Ann might have returned to Houghton le Spring as her mother Catherine was still living there?

Offline Nannawilk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 21:24 BST (UK) »
That's certainly a possibility, I wish I'd thought to check out Houghton le Spring records while I was at Durham! If that's the case then that isn't the Ann you were looking for. I've had a quick look on A** and found Robert and Ann Knaggs in 1861. Did you notice her mother is living with them and is called Ann Rickerby - where does that come from??

Nannawilk

Offline fluffyferret

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 21:49 BST (UK) »
I've had a quick look on A** and found Robert and Ann Knaggs in 1861. Did you notice her mother is living with them and is called Ann Rickerby - where does that come from??

Nannawilk

That confused me for a while I thought I had found Ann Adamson's mother! Ann nee Adamson died and Robert remarried Ann Harrington a widow daughter of Thomas Rickaby a mariner so no luck there.

Carole

Offline Nannawilk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 18 September 14 18:42 BST (UK) »
Ahh right. I thought that might be a possibility. Wish they'd at least chose someone with a different name for the next wife  ;)

Nannawilk