Author Topic: James William Henry Martin  (Read 574 times)

Offline Maureen Garvey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
James William Henry Martin
« on: Friday 18 July 14 08:23 BST (UK) »
I am tracing an ancestor of mine (James William Henry Martin) I spotted a possible connection on internet search which led me here. I hope this person is still an active member of this site or perhaps someone else can help.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=633243.msg4809330#msg4809330
This ancestor is my grandmother's adoptive father. I believe that he and his wife Isabel Emily Vincent were probably infertile as they may have also adopted their son Harry Moore Vincent martin, either here in Tasmania, or after they migrated to New Zealand. I am keen to find further relatives in Australia and New Zealand and to trace back ancestor to United Kingdom.
Maureen
I believe the person who posted was known as Katlady.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James William Henry Martin
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 July 14 11:42 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome to RootsChat

If you click on the link you posted and post a reply to katlady she will receive a notification and most probably reply - she was last online a few days ago

Regards and good luck with your research

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline katlady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 July 14 06:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Maureen Garvey,
I believe you have been trying to get in touch with me.
Well, you have certainly surprised me, have not had any contact with relatives on this side of the family contact me before.  To be honest I didn't even know the James William Henry Martin and his wife Isabel had adopted children. I couldn't find any birth children for them whilst researching but am very happy to hear that there are adopted children to carry on the Martin name. 
Please write back soon,   regards Katlady

Offline Maureen Garvey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 July 14 12:36 BST (UK) »
I wonder if there is any chance that I may find living relatives of James William Henry Martin. (either in Australia or New Zealand)