Author Topic: Who do you think you are Scotland 2014  (Read 460 times)

Offline islayfamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Who do you think you are Scotland 2014
« on: Saturday 19 July 14 08:48 BST (UK) »
Anyone who is not sure of going to Who do you think you are? Scotland live event 2014, should really decide to go. I attended the event in London earlier this year and had an amazing day. I admit I was not fully prepared for the event, but still gained a lot from it.
My advice to anyone that is going is to have all your notes/ photos organised. I was amazed at how many different companies are involved and I took the opportunity to have my DNA tested (this was priced at a much cheaper rate than buying on line). The results arrived a few weeks later and have opened up previously unknown connections to my family. I attended a few of the lectures and gained a lot of knowledge and tips from them.
It was great to talk to other genealogists about their family research. I suppose it was good to not see the "glazed over eyes" look, that you see from non genealogists, when you start to talk about family history. I intend to go to the Scottish event, for more than the one day this time and to be a bit more prepared. So go and enjoy the event.