Author Topic: (*) truelove/ living relative?  (Read 629 times)

Offline pollypringle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
(*) truelove/ living relative?
« on: Monday 21 July 14 20:28 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find my aunt who disappeared after an argument with her mother sometime 1973/76
every name i search is to young and  there is no death showing!
she had some sort of learning/personality disability so if she was in a home or institution would she not be put on to an electoral register?
I am at a complete loss as to where to go from here and any help or advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: (*) truelove/ living relative?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 July 14 20:38 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to rootschat ;D

You should read this http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=261434.0 once you have posted a couple of more times you will be able to PM anyone who is willing to help you, which is where you can share and  information including potentially living peoples names
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline pollypringle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 July 14 20:48 BST (UK) »
Thankyou I have edited the post.... newbie mistake  :)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 July 14 21:31 BST (UK) »
You said there was a possibility of Derby ( shire) or Kent ( I think) so have you looked on the freebmd index to see if she got married?

Also do you know if she was ever reported as missing to the police, especially as she may have had a learning issue?
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline pollypringle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 July 14 21:42 BST (UK) »
There are no Marriages for her, ( I searched using her birth name,the name she went by and other variants) she was around 26/30 when her parents told her to leave, so no the police weren't informed it was believed she went back to a hostel/home where she had been staying! no one knows the name as my grandmother never told anyone, she left in the summer and my father received a christmas card with no forwarding address and she hasn't been heard from since

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 July 14 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

Do you know her exact date of birth?

If you put her name into 192.com (middle name 1st then an initial) there's a possible address for her in London N19

You'll need to buy credits to see further details.

But I would add that, unless there are legal implications, we all have the right to privacy and it should never be assumed those searching have the right to insist on any contact.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline pollypringle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 July 14 21:59 BST (UK) »
I totally agree