Author Topic: Death Look-Up William Farrow  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Ella Cinders

• RootsChat Member
  • What you forget you can never Retell
    • View Profile
Re: Death Look-Up William Farrow
« Reply #9 on: Friday 22 August 14 17:30 BST (UK) »
@DBreeze1:  I've tried to look up the death on the link you provide but my search yields nothing.

@Polarbear:  On the 1911 census, he is a lodger at 400 Burrow(s) in Winnipeg.  He is listed as William H. Farrow, his last name is poorly written.

The only other thing I know is that he did try to cross the border in Buffalo, NY I believe for work and was denied entry. 

Thank you for your help.  Ella
Farrow Family living in Saint Pancras, Camden Town, Bermondsey, Cumbria (England); Toronto and Montreal (Canada)
Shepherd Family, Kendal Westmorland, England
Ferguson Family, Kendal, Westmorland, England
Troughton Family, Kendal, Westmorland, England
Carradice/Carradus Family living in Kendal, Cumbria.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 August 14 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hi again.

Are you having a problem related to the Manitoba death record?

At this link, tick deaths, put the name in and click search. Then click add to cart.

http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/Query.php

Use the back arrow to then go back to the search page and click view at the bottom. This should give you an order form to print  with the record at the bottom. This is it here (hopefully).

http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/GenealogyRequest.php

PB

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Ella Cinders

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 22 August 14 19:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks Polarbear, it worked when I didn't put in the city, just the name and ticked off death.
Hopefully, the death certificate will provide add'l details.
Farrow Family living in Saint Pancras, Camden Town, Bermondsey, Cumbria (England); Toronto and Montreal (Canada)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 22 August 14 20:10 BST (UK) »
Great. Hope the cert will be informative.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 August 14 01:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Ella,

From my reply #7, these are street directories. A street address for someone in a certain year.
I was hoping that from the 1911 census street address that you have, that it could turn up in the Henderson Street Directories....but alas no. :( They are not chronological.

Having said that, there is only one entry for a Wm. Farrow through the years that you are
looking for. But...there is no proof that this is your William. I once tracked a relative who
didn't appear on a census, but seemed to love where he lived, he spent 20+ years at the
same address.

Cheers,
DB 

Offline Ella Cinders

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 23 August 14 02:19 BST (UK) »
@DBreeze
Just began following up with the link you provided for the Henderson Directories, you have been so helpful in providing this information, I was unaware of this directory.  I have noticed as you have there is only one William Farrow in the directory and after his death William is no longer listed, it seems highly probable that this is the right person and I have made note of all the information indicated in the directories for future reference.  Many thanks.  -Ella

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 23 August 14 18:31 BST (UK) »
Hi again.

About the 1911 census with William at 400 Burrow....

Looking at the image, I don't think the last name is Farrow. It ends in a 'y' and looks like Furney to me. It is indexed as Furney at automatedgenealogy as well. Click on split view to see the image.

http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census11/View.jsp?id=35209&highlight=24&desc=1911+Census+of+Canada+page+containing+Willia%3F+H+Furney

PB

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 23 August 14 19:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Ella,

I agree with Polarbear, looks like Furney.

Using enhanced view on ancestry, it looks to me as well that it ends in a "y".

Here is another view from Library and Archives Canada for you to look at. It is
also indexed as Furney.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/019l3/ 

Cheers,
DB

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 23 August 14 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Ella,

Correction...Library and Archives Canada has William indexed as both Furney and Farrow.

By searching for William Farrow, age 30 on the above site, there are two entries..
the one that you have already and another one in Calgary, Alberta occupation plumber
with a Fred Farrow also age 30. Didn't spot this one on ancestry. Thought you might want
to have a look at it.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/019l6/

Cheers,
DB