Author Topic: Parents of William Blaylock, Kirkandrews upon esk  (Read 2462 times)

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parents of William Blaylock, Kirkandrews upon esk
« on: Tuesday 23 September 14 20:35 BST (UK) »
Hello

William Blaylock, according to the census and death date in 1876 was born in 1786.

Looking at the records, I could not find anything on family search

However, I have found a tree that describes his parents as William Ennis Blacklock and Christiana Forster, however I cannot find anything on these two people

Any help in finding anything on William Blaylock's baptism or his father would be greatly appreciated

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of William Blaylock, Kirkandrews upon esk
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 23:28 BST (UK) »
Have you contacted the tree owner to establish where that info came from and therefore how reliable it is?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 23:32 BST (UK) »
I haven't contacted the owner

At this point I am not going to consider the information accurate, though further research has found a William Blacklock being baptised in 1748 to Thomas Blacklock in 1715

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 23:36 BST (UK) »
Not suggesting you don't do your own research but if the tree owner offers proof positive - you can save a lot of time.  If they have just made a wild guess - then you carry on
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline robbiesmum

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 September 14 08:10 BST (UK) »
Hi
the Blaylock gravestones at Kirkandrews are next to each other, indicating they're probably related (There are some other Blaylock stones nearby as well):
 Sacred to the memory of William BLAYLOCK in Moat who died at Moat Common Oct 15th 1836 aged 88 years. To Christiana his spouse who died Feby 14th 1834 in the 88 year of her age. To Thomas their son who died Novr 11th 1833 aged 52 years. Also Margret and Jannet their daughters who died in infancy. Also Mary wife of Francis BLAYLOCK who died Jany 27 1845 aged 50 years. Also the above Francis BLAYLOCK who died Oct 24th 1864 aged 76 years. Also Christiana their daughter who died Dec 12th 1860 aged 24 years. Also Thomas their son who died July 17th 1871 aged 36 years. Also William their son who died Decr 10th 1888 aged 55 years. Also Margaret their daughter who died at Heatherhead April 9th 1901 aged 68 years.

In memory of William BLAYLOCK of Moat Common who died March 15th 1876 aged 90 years. Also Margaret BLAYLOCK his wife who died June 21st 1875 aged 88 years. Also their son Richard BLAYLOCK who died at Moat Common 12th of May 1838 aged 25 years. Also Richard their grandson who died August 9th 1861 aged 6 years. Also Catherine their daughter and wife of James JOHNSTON who died June 21st 1875 aged 55 years.

I think you'll find the family of William and Christiana Blaylock on Scotlandspeople, baptised in Canonbie, as were many families in Kirkandrews on Esk.
cheers
robbiesmum

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 September 14 16:37 BST (UK) »
thank you