Author Topic: OFFER : NSW State Records Office - photos of probates and divorces  (Read 48113 times)

Offline Drop Bear

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: OFFER : NSW State Records Office - photos of probates and divorces
« Reply #153 on: Friday 16 August 19 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Ros - I was notified this morning that you had a divorce document image for me, following the quoted enquiry.
Hi Ros,
Rootschat's 'Cupoflife' suggested that I ask you if you could supply me with an image of the divorce papers of Marjorie Emma Judd and Raymond Athelstane Judd #1032/1930.

This lady was my father's (Edwin Charles Simmonds) first wife - and it turns out the union (in London, UK) was probably bigamous. She seems to have led a string of besotted men a merry dance! She left him after only 7 months, and he had to wait seven years to marry my mother.

I'd be most grateful for any help you can give me.

But all there is, is a mass of stuff for someone called Drop Bear, not me at all. Has mine gone astray?

Pam (PAFC)

OOOhhh that would probably be me  ;D ;D

I have sent you a private message
Baxter: Lanarkshire, Slamannan
Jordan: Lanarkshire, Staffordshire
McFarlane: Lanarkshire
Mitchell: Ireland to Scotland, Canada & New Zealand
Farrell: Lanarkshire, Ireland, New York
Fagan: Lanarkshire, Ireland
Hogg: Lanarkshire, Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Friday 16 August 19 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,
   I try to get to the NSW Archives office every 3 weeks.  While I'm there I photograph about 12-20 divorces or probates or deceased estate files  for rootschatters.

After I have photographed them I will pm you a link to the photographs.   They are viewable in any browser so you just have to click on the link I send you (and double click on  an image to see full screen).

I expect to get to the Archives next week when I will photograph  images for you and Drop Bear and many others.

If this is not convenient for you then you can request the NSW archives to copy them for you (and pay of course).  This will probably take another couple of months.

Let me know if you want me to include your request in my list or whether you would rather ask the NSW Archives  to do so.

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Drop Bear

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Friday 16 August 19 12:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you Ros,

I peaked early and got excited thinking a message for me was accidentally sent to Pam. I am more than happy to wait.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Baxter: Lanarkshire, Slamannan
Jordan: Lanarkshire, Staffordshire
McFarlane: Lanarkshire
Mitchell: Ireland to Scotland, Canada & New Zealand
Farrell: Lanarkshire, Ireland, New York
Fagan: Lanarkshire, Ireland
Hogg: Lanarkshire, Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Friday 16 August 19 12:33 BST (UK) »
 ;D
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Friday 16 August 19 12:52 BST (UK) »
Just to let you know ....

Once I have photogrpahed the files  I will send you a  pm (personal messgae) contaning a link to the photographs.  You will be notified by mail when I send you a pm and can read it by  clicking on the
"My Messages"   in the brown banner at the top of the page.

Ros

Offline GeoffTurner

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Friday 16 August 19 12:57 BST (UK) »
And a very generous, efficient and reliable service it is, Ros. We all thank you.

Offline PAFC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Friday 16 August 19 18:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,
   I try to get to the NSW Archives office every 3 weeks.  While I'm there I photograph about 18-20 divorces or probates or deceased estate files  for rootschatters.

After I have photographed them I will pm you a link to the photographs.   They are viewable in any browser so you just have to click on the link I send you (and double click on  an image to see full screen).

I expect to get to the Archives next week when I will photograph  images for you and Drop Bear and many others.

If this is not convenient for you then you can request the NSW archives to copy them for you (and pay of course).  This will probably take another couple of months.

Let me know if you want me to include your request in my list or whether you would rather ask the NSW Archives  to do so.

Ros

Hi Ros, Do please include my request in your list! I'm not in a rush - just new to how all this works.

Kind regards, Pam (PAFC)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Saturday 17 August 19 00:06 BST (UK) »
Happy to do so Pam  :)

Ros

Offline seeking0

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: Monday 19 August 19 02:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Ros,

You've helped me out once before and now I have another request. It is the divorce papers for George Edward Mitchell and Phyllis Irene Sylvie Mitchell. The details I have are:
Number
NRS-13495-16-44-728/1940
Title
Divorce papers George Edward Mitchell - Phyllis Irene Sylvie Mitchell
Contents Date Range
23-04-1940 to 22-04-1941

Thank you for your great work.