Author Topic: kelsey family  (Read 627 times)

Offline AJ KELSEY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
kelsey family
« on: Saturday 01 November 14 16:15 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for relatives of my grandfather, his name was Frederick George Kelsey born 1893 in Clewer Berkshire. I dont have much to go on. I know his father was Frederick William Kelsey . I have been on ancestors and got as much info as poss but would love to hear from anyone with any idea of relatives or if you are relatives

Miderator comment: edited for content Please avoid writing in capitals, it looks like you're shouting (netiquette)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: kelsey family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 November 14 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi AJ Kelsey

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

We can't help with finding living releatives as Rootschat is a forum for finding our ancestors and we have a 'no living people' policy here.

New members are encouraged to read the 'guidelines for posting' here

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

where there are links to hints and tips for finding living relatives.

I would suggest that you take a look at our surname interests table, the link is at the bottom of the screen in the brown area and add your name there.

So that we don't duplicate what you already know, have you found the family in the censuses?

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline AJ KELSEY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 November 14 15:44 GMT (UK) »
THANKS FORTE FOR YOUR REPLY I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET BACK IN THE CENSUS TO 1841 AND HAVE FOUND SEVERAL RELATIVES BUT WAS HOPING TO GO BACK A LITTLE FURTHER BUT I THINK THEY MOVED TO BERKSHIRE FROM SURREY AND DONT SEEM TO FIND ANYTHING FROM THERE ANYWAY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 November 14 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi AJ Kelsey

I don't want to appear rude, but please try to type without having the 'caps lock' on.

If you can, please take a moment to click the modify button on your last post and edit your reply so that it it written in sentance case.

In internet language, using all capitals looks like you're shouting.

If you're looking for more help going backwards, please post details of the 1841 and 1851 censuses. I'm sure there will be people here willing to give it a go for you.

Dawn

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline t kelsey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 October 20 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi AJ, not sure if you're still active on here, but i may have some answers for you.

FG Kelsey was my great grandad and i know a little of what happened to him. He was the first of the Clewer Kelsey's to settle in Essex. He was stationed at Shoeburyness Barracks along the Thames i believe in the gunner station. Subsequently met his wife and married in Westcliff-on-sea, Essex. I live around the area that he settled and building history around the family - slowly but surely. You may have the key to more of it by the sounds of it.

I would welcome contact to maybe help each other close some gaps.