Author Topic: Hill Of Beath  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Jessie Nicol nee Inglis

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hill Of Beath
« on: Saturday 08 November 14 05:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the old plan photos of Hill Of Beath, they were just what I have been looking for to attach to my family tree. I was born in 5 Hall Row and when I was 17 we moved to 22 West Row. My father was Jim Inglis ,coalminer and I had 2 brothers Jim and Tam,also a sister Bessie. Liked the statue in the village of Jim Baxter, I went to school with him and his mother and my mother were cousins. I liked the tribute you posted by Ben Geraldas, I used to call his mother Auntie Kitty, they lived in Mitchell crescent and they used to have great concerts in their  garden on Saturday nights back in the early 1940s and all the village used to turn up to listen and have a go. I lived in Dunfermline till 1971 then I  emigrated to Australia with my Husband and 2 daughters. Is there any Hill Of Beath people out there who remember me, would love to hear from you.

Offline c2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hill Of Beath
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 September 17 17:15 BST (UK) »
You mentioned 22 West Row, Hill of Beith. Did you get any information?

I have family connections that moved to Hill of Beith. They were John Cross and his wife Jean (Jeanie) Cross m.s. Cook. John died aged 44 at 14 West Row, Hill of Beith. They had a daughter Jeanie McKay Cross who married Alexander Watson at The Mission Hall on 14th July 1916. Alexander's parents were James Watson and Elizabeth Watson (m.s. Clayton).