Author Topic: Baptism check - Wedmore, Someret - COMPLETED with thanks  (Read 1687 times)

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baptism check - Wedmore, Someret - COMPLETED with thanks
« on: Monday 17 November 14 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Could someone possibly check on a baptism at Wedmore for James Day on 8th April 1849. Need confirmation of  parents names please. 
I have tried FindMyPast but no baptisms.
Grateful for any help. This is info. I have had written down for many years but not sure of source.
Thank you, Syljun

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism check - Wedmore, Someret
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 November 14 20:07 GMT (UK) »
This information is on Family Search   https://familysearch.org/search
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism check - Wedmore, Someret - C0MPLETED with thanks
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 07:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carole, Should have checked there first, sorry. Syljun

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism check - Wedmore, Someret - COMPLETED with thanks
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 19:58 GMT (UK) »
The Familysearch record does not give the parish.  There is a full transcription of the Wedmore register here: http://www.durtnall.org.uk/Wedmore/BAPTISMS.htm  .  The only entry on 8 Apr 1849 is for a Mary Wall.  There is however

3 Feb               DAY, James Bethel, s.o. Jane, Wedmore, Single woman

The film that the 8 Apr record is taken from contains BTs from parishes starting H - M so shouldn't have baptisms from Wedmore. It does however cover Mark, and Familysearch has a separate record for a James Day baptised at Mark on 25 Apr 1849, parents again John and Elizabeth. Probably these two results refer to the same event, with one of the dates being a mistake. FreeBMD gives only two James Days registered in Somerset in 1849, both in the district covering Mark and Wedmore. Presumably the sons of Jane and of John and Elizabeth. (But there were also a couple more in the same area in 1848, so it's not certain.)

David

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism check - Wedmore, Someret - COMPLETED with thanks
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 November 14 07:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks David, More confusion. For some reason I had George and Alice for parents in my notes and am trying to tie up a few loose ends but did not know where I got info. James and Mary Ann called their first two children these names but it is not like me to surmise names of parents as I have spent hundreds of pounds on Certs. and copies of Church records over the years and am now running my research down.
Thank you for info. on Wedmore there are a lot of family names mentioned so feel that area of Somerset is relevant to my research.
Thank you once again. Syljun