Author Topic: MI Request - Spittal Parish Church - JOHN WILLIAMS & Thomas Henry DAVIES  (Read 2418 times)

Offline lyndahirst_1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MI Request - Spittal Parish Church - JOHN WILLIAMS & Thomas Henry DAVIES
« on: Tuesday 25 November 14 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I'd be grateful if SKS would be able to check and see if there's an MI for my great uncle, John Williams born ~ 1866

I have located the Parish burial register entry so know he's buried in the 'New Churchyard' at the Parish Church, Spittal -- sadly, I don't have any record of what the plot number is or where I might be able to locate that information online [I'm in Sydney, Australia] but I do know he died on 14 Feb 1947 and was buried 18 Feb 1947.

Also looking for Thomas Henry DAVIES who is buried in same 'New Churchyard' - I have the parish entry for him - he died 07 April 1948 and buried 10 April 1948 -- Tom was brother in law to John Williams.

It may be that other family members will be buried there but with a name like Williams, it's a struggle to find them! ;-)

Grateful for any assistance regards a photo of the plots and fingers crossed there's headstones.

Many thanks
Lynda

South Wales - main trunk family names - mam's side:-
Beard, Crandon, Clement, Lawrence, Langdon, Cartwright, Griffiths, Housego, Llewellyn, Stevens, Thomas. 

Father's side:
Williams, Rosser, Griffiths, Jones, Thomas, Llewellyn, Charles, Davies, Phillips, Powell

Offline lyndahirst_1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MI Request - Spittal Parish Church - JOHN WILLIAMS & Thomas Henry DAVIES
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 December 15 10:32 GMT (UK) »
I have now located the MI for John and have discovered that not only is John buried there but his sister Jane [Williams] Davies and her husband Thomas H Davies are buried in the same plot also.

I am advised Grave A3 is in the “new burial ground” and row A is on the extreme left as you stand at the gate into the burial ground.

There was a headstone [as I have the MI] and if there's an SKS in the area who might be able to pop along, I'd appreciate a photograph of the plot/headstone if at all possible .

Many thanks
Lynda
South Wales - main trunk family names - mam's side:-
Beard, Crandon, Clement, Lawrence, Langdon, Cartwright, Griffiths, Housego, Llewellyn, Stevens, Thomas. 

Father's side:
Williams, Rosser, Griffiths, Jones, Thomas, Llewellyn, Charles, Davies, Phillips, Powell