Author Topic: SCARR of England  (Read 2070 times)

Offline ontchick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
SCARR of England
« on: Saturday 02 July 05 19:22 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any and all information on the SCARR family throughout England.
They are found in Cambridgeshire, North Yorkshire, and many other parts of the country.
Thanks and happy searching.

Ontchick
Scarr (Yorkshire-North); Tipper (anywhere England); Fleming (Perth, Scotland); McDougall (Argyll, Scotland); Cole (England); Francis (England/Germany); Beagan and Madigans (Ireland); Ferrier (Angus, Scotland)

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: SCARR of England
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 July 05 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Ontchick

I think you are going to have to be a bit more specific about who and where you want.

There are 752 people in the 1901 census with the surname Scarr(and that's only those who are transcribed with the correct info  ::))

2207 of them in the England and Wales BMD index from 1837 - 1983,which is not even complete yet. ::)

See what I mean ?  ;D

I'm sure one of us will be happy to help once we know what it is you need help with.

All the best

Carol

PS the headmistress of my local school was Miss Scarr ,back in Harrow in the 60's.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ontchick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 July 05 01:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol!!

Believe me I know there are alot of Scarr's out there...lol.
Just figuring where to start is the problem.  Ok, here's the way I'll do it:

JENKIN SCARR born abt. 1581 Burtersett (Askrigg)... this line I have a pretty good handle on his eldest son John Jenkin Scarr line, although more info on his sons Richard, George and Matthew would be nice...or his parents/siblings.

JOHN SKARR died 1634 Burtersett, N. York.  John married Ann Lofte.  That's as far as I've got there but I'm told they had a large family.

JOHN SKARE died 1710 in Sawston, Cambridgeshire.  From what I understand his great grandson or grandson Peter Scarr b. abt. 1830, Great Shelford,  married Harriet Pouter and they immigrated to Australia in 1855.  I have some info on Peter and his family.

I am told all these people are related and I'm trying to put the puzzle together.  It's a very large puzzle....lol....so any help would be appreciated.

Take care, Ontchick
Scarr (Yorkshire-North); Tipper (anywhere England); Fleming (Perth, Scotland); McDougall (Argyll, Scotland); Cole (England); Francis (England/Germany); Beagan and Madigans (Ireland); Ferrier (Angus, Scotland)

Offline ontchick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 July 05 18:02 BST (UK) »
OOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!  :-\ Got my John's mixed up lol.
It was JOHN SKARE in Sawston that was married to Ann Lofts.
I don't have any clue who JOHN SKARR married.
Sorry if I confused anyone out there.

Ontchick