Author Topic: Gap in PRs of Black Notley  (Read 3221 times)

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gap in PRs of Black Notley
« on: Friday 05 December 14 20:00 GMT (UK) »
On SEAX, are records from 1570-1676 and then from 1735-1750 onwards for Black Notley.
Does this mean that there are no records for the in between period or just that they're not digitised?
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Gap in PRs of Black Notley
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 December 14 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
The Essex Society for Family History burial records indicate a gap in burials 1671-1735. Possibly the result of a missing PR.
You could try contacting them.
www.esfh.org.uk
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 December 14 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks  :)
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 December 14 08:11 GMT (UK) »
The register references on SEAX do tend to suggest there is a gap as they are consecutive even with the gap. 

Same issue with Foxearth, there is a gap in all registers between 1617 and 1705. :-\  There are several parishes with missing early registers in that area; Great Maplestead doesn't start until 1690s, and Alphamstone doesn't start until 1705.  The latter is annoying for us because we've a family in there in the 1500s, but have been able to reconstruct the family so far by the use of Wills. ;)

It would have been useful if ERO had added a comment to the entries about the missing registers.  If there is a gap within a register there usually is a comment, but not between registers as far as I can see. :-\
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 December 14 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Great Saling baptisms start at 1710, Marriages & Burials 1732, put a stop to a good deal of my Searles family research.  I've often wondered if missing registers are all lost through some misfortune or other, or are some squirreled away in private collections somewhere.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Frances

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry & Alexandra Burr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 January 15 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Having not been around much in recent times I have only just read this thread. I was a patient in Black Notley from 1955-1957. I tried desperatley to get hold of my own records when the rules changed allowing us to have access to them. Alas I was unlucky and was told that although they had no objections being the records were so many years ago (no comment on that!) they could find no trace of any Black Notley records in their archives. If anyone ever finds that these records have been found, please let me know.

Kind Regards, Frances :)

-------------------------------------------------- 
Hope/Buckinghamshire    Palmer Cambridge
Hope/Camberwell            Palmer Essex  
Bolton/Camberwell           Emery Potton Bedfordshire
DeBoo/ Poplar/Anywhere           
Oliver /Chatteris, Cambs.   
Redkison/ Anywhere          
Carter Bedfordshire
Bernard/Stepney
Lawrence/Colchester Essex 
Carter/ Leytonstone
Bones/ Essex
Tullett/ Surrey/Essex

Offline vabbott

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 30 January 15 21:49 GMT (UK) »
There are fiches in the Colchester Public for most of Essex If you can give me a name date register and record needed I will willingly look in there for you I do go in most days But Bear with me don't give me too many  ;D I will do my best for you as I appreciate help from other boards in other areas.Its my payback lol
Ronnie

Offline Frances

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry & Alexandra Burr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 01 February 15 08:47 GMT (UK) »
This is a lovely surprise offer of which I am very grateful, thank. I will send you a PM with the details. I had given up on anything being found now,so will keep my fingers crossed  :)

Thanks again, Frances

-------------------------------------------------- 
Hope/Buckinghamshire    Palmer Cambridge
Hope/Camberwell            Palmer Essex  
Bolton/Camberwell           Emery Potton Bedfordshire
DeBoo/ Poplar/Anywhere           
Oliver /Chatteris, Cambs.   
Redkison/ Anywhere          
Carter Bedfordshire
Bernard/Stepney
Lawrence/Colchester Essex 
Carter/ Leytonstone
Bones/ Essex
Tullett/ Surrey/Essex

Offline Yankiecar

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 07 May 16 01:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Francis,
I was in black Notley hospital from 1949 - 1957 on and off, my 1st stay 2 and 1/2 years, my last full year stay was 1957 jan-dec. I was only on one ward that being ward 7, grew up there really. I enjoyed your poem, I have been reading a book Black Notley Hospital a Century of Service, I have found it a good read, filling in a lot of gapes and bringing back memories, I feel I should put a child's view, it hadn't a lot of personal info of schooling on the ward etc. My hip was the problem and Mr Wilkinson was my doctor, and I grew up calling him "sir", a title he deserved for all the great work he achieved over his lifetime, but nothing worked the first time with me, he said 'complication' was my middle name! Anyway I have just found this site, so if you want to have a chat, please reply xx