Author Topic: C1841 Fillis Reg in Pewsey?  (Read 2190 times)

Offline flipflops

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
C1841 Fillis Reg in Pewsey?
« on: Friday 02 January 15 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year to Everyone on the Board :)

I'm currently researching distant cousins, and came across John a shopkeeper & Mary Spackman of High Street Pewsey in C1841.(piece 1180 14 folio 25 page 13)

After the family the entry reads fillis reg female age 15,born in county, Can anyone tell me if this means daughter/son of the king and if so what were they doing there?

chrissie

Barefoot, Barley, Bedborough, Benett, Blandy, Brown, Clements, Doucett, Fisher, Franklin, Goodchild, Greenwood, Heath, Horwood, Osmond, Westbury: Berks/Berks and Wilts.

Woodhouse: Montgomeryshire

Booth, Braddock, Drabble, Hatton, Henshaw, Whitehead: Tameside and Cheshire

Online crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: C1841 Fillis Reg in Pewsey?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 January 15 00:41 GMT (UK) »
Could Fillis Reg actually be a variation of the spelling of Phyllis and the last name Rex? She is down as a female servant in the occupation column and born in Wiltshire.

There are a few people on the censuses and in BMD's with the surname Reg but not a Fillis/Phyllis except for the 1841 census.

Offline flipflops

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: C1841 Fillis Reg in Pewsey?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 January 15 01:05 GMT (UK) »
That makes a lot of sense crisane.

I came across this right after I'd seen something about the family having royal connections ...
Barefoot, Barley, Bedborough, Benett, Blandy, Brown, Clements, Doucett, Fisher, Franklin, Goodchild, Greenwood, Heath, Horwood, Osmond, Westbury: Berks/Berks and Wilts.

Woodhouse: Montgomeryshire

Booth, Braddock, Drabble, Hatton, Henshaw, Whitehead: Tameside and Cheshire